What's new

Strategy Mid hitting quickfire with trait on and inconsistencies

Crathen

Death is my business
That said, I'm not sure the stuff in the video is terribly worthwhile. 36% using trait, getting debuffed afterwards and spending a bar - seems like its best possible use is as an anti-clash measure, though even that's touchy.
Eating gunshot while in trait leads to another guaranteed gunshot , if they jump after getting hit by one the next one they get AA and get knocked back to at least 3/4 in a wakeup situation where few characters can avoid a meaty MG or MB quickfire , trait recovers fast enough for that to not be a problem in most matchups.

Also i want to point out that if they techroll they can jump out of the first gunshot , never i said gunshots were guaranteed in the first place , however since the setups are safe everyone that knows about this is going to do some stupid shit that will be easily baited , for an example if they jump forward after techrolling you're in the perfect spot to d2 AA almost everyone in the game , SF is super easy to AA with too , also i can simply backdash make them whiff and Quickfire them.

This is by no means broken , just very good and yes it's great to avoid clashes.

Crathen

Death is my business
Green Lantern

I want to point out that the 32 must be MAX height , kinda tough to do consistently atm , will try finding out a more easy setup.

Also because of the distance created he can't jumpin so he pretty much only gets to try techrolling into Oa rocket and hope DS mistimed the height of 32 , anyways i don't see people actually punishing this consistently , i mean in 3 years of MK no one ever punished Sektors b2 into Upmissile ender after EX TU and this is a very similar setup , gotta use it until they actually punish you.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Wouldn't doing MB LGS work just as well in a tech roll situation against someone like GL? Wake up Oa's Rocket? Sorry, I ducked under it. Wouldn't even have to worry about chip damage then, though I suppose it's possible jump turbine could work.

Crathen

Death is my business
Wouldn't doing MB LGS work just as well in a tech roll situation against someone like GL? Wake up Oa's Rocket? Sorry, I ducked under it. Wouldn't even have to worry about chip damage then, though I suppose it's possible jump turbine could work.

Tried that already , the problem with this is that DS recovers very few frames before being able to block and you can't lgs because it doesn't lower your hurtbox immediately , even just ducking under the Oa rocket is impossible , you have to block it.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
If GL techrolls and does GLM, that's easily punishable with a MB QF if you block it.

Good work tho Crathen.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
Maybe i've missed it , what's the TonyT setup for trait? Also i've listed some safe setups for that already
i think it was tony t korpse told me of a set up(i never check the forums cuz i m tired of seeing everyone argue over whos free ass deathstroke is better) but it was something of b1u2 d2 f3 32 trait (but if im wrong let me know) it may have been your set up though

Crathen

Death is my business
i think it was tony t korpse told me of a set up(i never check the forums cuz i m tired of seeing everyone argue over whos free ass deathstroke is better) but it was something of b1u2 d2 f3 32 trait (but if im wrong let me know) it may have been your set up though
I think it was KingCheckmate and Mikman that explored those setups , the one you listed isn't safe from many characters , mainly there are 3 legit character specific setups , the most used should be b1u2 f3 d2xxtrait and f3 j2 d2xxtrait as it's safe from a big portion of the cast , then there's b1u2 d2 max height 32xxtrait / f3 d2 max height 32xxtrait wich are character specific ( green lantern as example ) , another one is b1u2 d2 b3 trait but that's the most gimmicky one.

Also do post more on the forums , i occasionaly watch blackulas stream and you have a nice DS , feel free to share tech or strats , i really don't see a pissing contest from most DS players here in the forum anyways.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I finally found a single setup that works against Flash's techroll+wakeup Lightning Charge (which seemed to beat BOTH previously stated setups).

B1U2, F3, D2, B3, Trait

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
I think it was KingCheckmate and Mikman that explored those setups , the one you listed isn't safe from many characters , mainly there are 3 legit character specific setups , the most used should be b1u2 f3 d2xxtrait and f3 j2 d2xxtrait as it's safe from a big portion of the cast , then there's b1u2 d2 max height 32xxtrait / f3 d2 max height 32xxtrait wich are character specific ( green lantern as example ) , another one is b1u2 d2 b3 trait but that's the most gimmicky one.

Also do post more on the forums , i occasionaly watch blackulas stream and you have a nice DS , feel free to share tech or strats , i really don't see a pissing contest from most DS players here in the forum anyways.
i hate playing him in casuals at times i think the most productive thing we all could start soing is how to fight match ups i got something tpo stop ba cage on knock down it kinda works for all chacters as well

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I just want to say that I used this online against a Bane player.

The salt was incredible. 10-0 matchup.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I hardly ever use trait anyway...sometimes on bane when hes out of venom and trying to corner turtle.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Crathen

Death is my business
Well it makes the LC whiff but you're still negative enough for Flash to 112 and get a punish , they also get a LC punish if they just wakeup without techrolling , gonna lab some setups for it soon and see what i can find.

Edit: actually b1u2 d2 b3 into trait cannot be punished by Flash if he techrolls and LC , that's only if you hit the b3 when Flash is at the peak of b3 vertical range ( cannot hit the b3 when flash is near the ground or you'll lose the advantage and make it punishable ) also be wary to time the trait button correctly since it's not cancelling from a string , i guess we could use this atm until people know that the b3 ender into trait is punishable by not techrolling.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
B3 after using the bounce makes it a full screen knockback, but I guess that doesn't matter since Crathen just confirmed that it's STILL not safe (ugh...).

Yea I just realized you used the F3. But yea. I think we'll never get any set-ups from Trait because it'd be too OP'd if we did. It's just something that can't be balanced, I guess.