What's new

Microsoft Tells Military To Buy 360

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
http://www.armytimes.com/comments/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030/New-Xbox-sin-against-all-service-members-

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection. Although we’re very excited about Xbox One, we remain dedicated to Xbox 360 now and for years to come. In fact, we are expecting some of the greatest blockbusters of 2013 and 2014 to come out on Xbox 360 such as ‘Grand Theft Auto V,’ ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts,’ ‘Madden NFL 25’ and ‘FIFA 14.’”​

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Personal topic, and really I feel so numb to it already so I'm not even angry anymore.

Microsoft, fuck you. That's literally all I got to say at this point.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
I mean, what else are they supposed to say? Buy a PS4?

It's an existing Microsoft product with an established platform filled with games. Not much else they can say with the guidelines their following with XB1.

Common sense stuff.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam

It's an existing Microsoft product with an established platform filled with games. Not much else they can say with the guidelines their following with XB1.

Common sense stuff.

Install custom firmware that disables the always online DRM?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
At first.. JaredL is annoying.. After multiple regurgitation it is simply the worst troll OR seriously thinks he is doing something constructive.. Neither of which he excels at well. He likes to boast the "pity the military angle" yet has no military experience other than articles taken from the Military Times and other reputable sources.. Now he creates a thread on it.. JaredL you disgust me..

The bottom line to the military issue is this (as discussed by myself with a land based Army background and TheSpore with a sea faring Naval background..apologies for not being able to post from earlier.. Seems the thread disappeared)
First an foremost.. If anything is deemed "high risk" from a military standpoint on a breech or possible breech of security .. The military outright says you CANNOT HAVE said item/visit said place..
The Navy is the branch that suffers most from the XB1's policies due to the fact that once they are at sea.. It is quite impossible to play due to the lack of Internet.

Many land based soldiers.. Myself included leave their "good" items (phone,iPod,console) at home and take with us our "field" accommodations.. Not our iPhones, but a cheap old flip phone, not our newest iPod, but something cheap that does the same, and not our brand new $600 console, but usually a hand held or if lucky to be in base camp.. Possibly a current gen or if feeling froggy.. New gen system.. Just because it is an option does not mean it is wise.. Damn near every type of commodity gets wrecked on deployment.. Survivability of electronics on the battlefield or in training is around 30% MAXIMUM.. Ever see what sand and/or water do to electronics? Let alone bullets and other things that go boom.
Next:
Microsofts handling of the situation-
Very poor, but with good intent.. They are simply letting soldiers/seamen know that support for their current system (in this case the 360) will still be alive and well while deployed, and then when you get back home.. That your XB1 will be there for you(if your home allows it due to the potential security risk in the first place).. See..it does not sound well the way MS execs put it (nothing does now-a-days due to the utter tail spin they are in) and then Don opens his mouth about the nuclear sub.. He should have just shut up and dodged THAT issue.. No one cares about a fat rat millionaires sympathy in regards to a nuclear sub crew.. However.. Even there he had good intentions.. Just VERY poor execution..
In closing I would just like to say that while gaming is a huge stress relief while being in the service more-so while being deployed.. there are many more major issues that need to be addressed for soldiers, sailors, and marines than a fucking video game system.. How about the treatment of our vets once they leave service? Especially the War Veterans.. How about the home support of troops (the "people" being sent) and not getting it confused with the Government that tells them where to go? Let us please consider real issues before talking about leisurely ones..

Posts like this- posted by posters like this are just.... <insert forum banning statement here>

Thank you for sticking with the post.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox one

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Common sense stuff.
The 360 is almost 8 years old at this point though, I don't think a non-Sony console has ever been on the market this long within the last 20 years. You'd think they'd have the decency to supply some exclusive titles for it in the meantime with the point they're putting across. Everything else concerning the 360 has been ran dry.

This is like the WWE telling you to watch every other recent Royal Rumble you've already watched to death because Chris Benoit was in the ones before them.

That's not the point. If they're not going to change the policies, what else are they supposed to tell people who don't want these policies?
But didn't you hear? Services are not allowed to avoid policies that fans want! If somebody brings up how the X1 isn't backwards compatible, well then back to the drawing board with ye Microsoft!

Personally, I'm upset that Sony's vision didn't allow the PS4 to double as a toaster oven. Their response was that if I wanted a quality, offline device to toast bagels, I could use my old kitchen appliance. Sony's PR response is such an "F U" to the fans of toast.

Okay, enough of that sarcastic nonsense. Sorry, this place is creating a monster out of me.
Here's my real comment:

Today's generation is too spoiled to hear "no." It's ridiculous that PR needs to avoid so many questions about "why you no gimme gimme gimme?!"