What's new

Meter use with Cyber Sub.

Altaire

Noob
Add a njp in between the 211+2's for an extra 2%. Really easy to do.
I couldn't remember if I did this or not, but maybe I do. As I said, I don't really do his X-ray combos often, especially not in the corner. When I can rack up 44% for no meter or 52% for three bars, it just seems a lot more practical to stick to the 44.

Piggy

City Slicker
I couldn't remember if I did this or not, but maybe I do. As I said, I don't really do his X-ray combos often, especially not in the corner. When I can rack up 44% for no meter or 52% for three bars, it just seems a lot more practical to stick to the 44.
I would like to see your corner combos. I got a few of my own that are nice.

Altaire

Noob
I would like to see your corner combos. I got a few of my own that are nice.
Well, this one was the first real high damage combo I came up with for Cyber Subs, and it's still my go-to corner combo:

2 1 freeze, jump in punch 2 1 1+2, NJP, standing 4, 3 4, 3 3 slide - 44% (47% with a jump-in punch)

I later came up with this as an alternative, though I don't like it quite as much:

2 1 freeze, jump in punch 2 1 1+2, NJP, 2 1 1+2, 3 3 2 slide - 44%

Same damage, less just frames, slightly more awkward positioning. I guess you could use either or, though I'm so used to the first one at this point that it feels a lot more intuitive to me.

Ether

Noob
Xray should always be used raw. It's not worth the meter to combo into. I should probably start using EX dive kick against Sub/Ermac.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Breaker, EX Dive Kicks. All you need meter for. Ex bombs if you really wanna laugh at your opponent.

I dunno what you guys are smoking talking about the x-ray. I wouldn't bother doing it at the end of combos unless its the end of the round and they don't have a breaker....so pretty much never.
I just do 21freeze->xray if I need a guarantee. Chances are if you've been pressuring with other strings before they won't break it until its too late. You don't do enough damage before the xray that would consistently give them better odds at finishing a second bar of meter like those long x-ray bnb's do, which negate the whole purpose of unbreakable damage in the first place. Its pretty damn good x-ray damage for a rushdown character.
Obviously if they don't have breaker you can just finish the BnB, but so far CBZ's xray has been the last thing I've been worried about utilizing correctly.

Ex Parry is pretty good though I've had some trouble getting this off consistently on wake up. Ex Dive kick is truly a slap in the face at the end of a round, it may not be a top tier viable tactic, but like someone said, 18% off a mistimed fireball is nothing to fuck with.

I'm still new with him, so I haven't done much with ex bombs or ex freeze but it seems like a gimmick trap so far.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I actually think using meter on X-Ray is a waste. I'd rather work in 3 easy EX Dive kicks for 54%. They arent hard to land whatsoever. I cant tell you how many times I land the 2,1, 2+1, then jump to do X-Ray and it fucking wiffs for some reason. Sick of that.

Niflheim

Noob
I mostly use my meter for breakers, EX Divekicks(most used), 3,3, EX Freeze, and EX Ice bombs for the lulz.
X-Ray is only useful for the last round, and when the opponent has a breaker.

I actually think using meter on X-Ray is a waste. I'd rather work in 3 easy EX Dive kicks for 54%. They arent hard to land whatsoever. I cant tell you how many times I land the 2,1, 2+1, then jump to do X-Ray and it fucking wiffs for some reason. Sick of that.
Yea, the timing is tight on that. If you ever wanted to do an X-Ray combo, I'd suggest 21~freeze, jump-in punch, b.32~X-Ray.