What's new

Meter Burn Mace Toss Up Charge during combo

BBNik

Noob
I know that it is possible to do a MB Mace Toss (Up charge) during the middle of the combo to lift the opponent. But I'm having trouble getting it down. At the moment, doing it at point blank range works about... 50% of the time. Half of the time I do the normal horitzontal charge or I do a mace toss upwards.

Any tips on how to get it out more consistently?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I haven't explored this just yet myself but I will let you know once I do. Honestly sounds like you need to better train on executing the u charge after MT. If you can commit that into your muscel memory you will have no issue using it in a combo. Honestly we HG players need to start utilizing D2 canceling, because that's where the vast majority of our damage is gonna come from as well as bettering our corner game and using her mix-ups better.

BBNik

Noob
From what I can see, a Mace Toss up charge helps with setting up for some of her combos by lifting them into the air. You can get a few nice combos in the 30-35's if you do that. Plus it feels sick since not many Hawkgirls do that.

Mmm. But I suppose better training and muscle memory is all I need as you said to get it down.

Honestly we HG players need to start utilizing D2 canceling, because that's where the vast majority of our damage is gonna come from as well as bettering our corner game and using her mix-ups better.
Mm, her mixups? She basically has two lows in her entire moveset. B22(3) and D3. And D3 isn't very practical imo. But yeah, bettering our mixups would be nice. But her B22 and B23 is generally what I use to start corner combos as it's a decent 50/50. But maybe like you said, perhaps we do need to use more D2 cancelling.

Although I prefer to use her zoning and movement abilities like WE3, iaD3, MB down MT from the air during corners and 22U3 (which is safe and flips you to the other side if they block it) for constant ambiguous cross-ups to play with.

TheSpore

From what I can see, a Mace Toss up charge helps with setting up for some of her combos by lifting them into the air. You can get a few nice combos in the 30-35's if you do that. Plus it feels sick since not many Hawkgirls do that.

Mmm. But I suppose better training and muscle memory is all I need as you said to get it down.

Mm, her mixups? She basically has two lows in her entire moveset. B22(3) and D3. And D3 isn't very practical imo. But yeah, bettering our mixups would be nice. But her B22 and B23 is generally what I use to start corner combos as it's a decent 50/50. But maybe like you said, perhaps we do need to use more D2 cancelling.

Although I prefer to use her zoning and movement abilities like WE3, iaD3, MB down MT from the air during corners and 22U3 (which is safe and flips you to the other side if they block it) for constant ambiguous cross-ups to play with.
Here is the thing by using B22, 22, B23, and B223, by mixing these in very unpredictable manners in the corner you will trap an opponent and they are hard to see coming do to the nature of the strings. Also her air game is nice and great, but she has match-ups that shut it down badly, so you have got to learn not to use the air with her as well. Facing a BG player is suicide if you are even considering using flight. D2 is her best tool and you have to master canceling it. D2 is where all her damage is gonna come from.

BBNik

Noob
Well from her d2, I generally just follow it up with a cancel into trait followed up by 2 and mace charge meter burn. Generally works well if I can do it on reaction. But that doesn't work if they're jumping, need to figure something nice for that.

TheSpore

Well from her d2, I generally just follow it up with a cancel into trait followed up by 2 and mace charge meter burn. Generally works well if I can do it on reaction. But that doesn't work if they're jumping, need to figure something nice for that.
If they jump at you D2 then follow up with 123, you will plenty of time to wait for them to fall. Also D2,3,MCMB works well too when you get a normal D2

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
This is a bit difficult to perform online...
You can only connect MT(Up shoulder) after a standing 3. But you must literally be in your opponents face. & for some weird reason with some characters the up shoulder will whiff sometimes depending on the hitbox

But about the timing... You must press the MB button & up button at the same time as soon as the mace hits your oponent