What's new

mental training, gathering intel when you dont have an offline buddy

someone let me know if i put this in the right place or not but i just wanted to put it out there and see what people thought of it. ECT is like a couple weeks away and i don't really have anyone thats in the area willing to go really in depth on stuff. I believe that game/character knowledge is a huge difference maker in the long run. anyway, i've been reading up on characters as if i was learning to use them. scorpion for instance i'd read his guide and see what scorpion mains were saying about him and taking notes of anything that stood out.
in a general overview for instance he's a character that generates a lot of offensive pressure. so typically he's always in your face and usually building lots of meter. his main attack strings are very safe, and his enhanced teleport is also pretty safe. from this i gather that you need to keep him away from you if you want to win. then it comes to dealing with him when he does happen to get in on you. with this i used him online against a lot of people and just used his strings, not really any special moves or big combos. there's lots of ways he can mix you up out of strings, off of strings, jump ins etc.
I can elaborate on my theory here if anyone would like to know but i'm trying not to take up too much time with a wall of text. with the lack of a record feature like in sf4, it's hard to test lots of things but maybe gathering intel on the characters and writing them down can ease that pain somewhat. I initially thought that scorp's FP, FP, FP string was something you could do infinitely to keep someone in block stun but now i know he'd have to dash, or jump, or do something in between and i have a chance to respond to that action. if i had to face that not knowing beforehand i'd just be sitting there blocking letting him build meter, and pretty much throwing the match.