What's new

Strategy MB Earthshake

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I couldn't find a thread dealing with this, so I figured I'd just make one instead of discussing it in the MU discussion thread.

My question is more of an unofficial poll aimed at my fellow world destroyers in the community.

Do you use MB ES in pressure/to end strings on block, etc, and what is your success rate (estimated of course) in launches?

I personally use it. Not a ton, but I do use it. The normal counter argument I get is that there is no mixup, because the cadence of blocking it is the same as the low in regular ES. I agree with that, but I still use it anyways.

My success rate of getting a launch is probably 30-40 percent, which isn't bad in my opinion. I don't care about the +2 on block. Thats whatever. I'm fishing for a cheap launch.

What about you all?

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
I have tried this, however for the meter? I'd say mb venom is a better shot for the +on block.
But my success rate for the "cheap" launch is almost nil.
Most of the people I play against have Learned to block es :(

The meter spent could be spent to get back in, stay in or any other better scenario. (IMO)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I use it rarely in the corner as an anti-wake up method. If it lands full corner combo for me. If it doesnt i m at +2f. The problem with MB ES is that its not fast enough. If it was then it would enable crazy mixups during strings and further improve DD's oki game.

Its really good for blowing up down pokes when in mid screen as well. I had some success with it. Worth the bar if it connects and if it doesnt its not a big deal. If its blocked it does give DD a free d1 mix up.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Early responses mesh with what I anticipated, most people don't use it that often, or at all. I get that, I really do. I think for the sake of testing, I'll track my success rate tonight at my offline training session.

Also, the "save meter for venom" argument is completely valid. I generally don't use it unless I've got meter stocked up (rare).

I'm not here to convince anyone it's a godly tool. Just seeing what everyone thinks.

I use it rarely in the corner as an anti-wake up method. If it lands full corner combo for me. If it doesnt i m at +2f. The problem with MB ES is that its not fast enough. If it was then it would enable crazy mixups during strings and further improve DD's oki game.

Its really good for blowing up down pokes when in mid screen as well. I had some success with it. Worth the bar if it connects and if it doesnt its not a big deal. If its blocked it does give DD a free d1 mix up.
I agree. I do like it a little more in the corner for the d1 check. The +2 does matter there. Midscreen is where I don't care about the +2.