What's new

[May 28, 2017] Capitol Fight District at Mango's May 27th for Extra Life:... (Sacramento, CA)

ninjay

Mortal

*********Date change! The venue double booked and I agreed to host the event on Sunday May 28th. I may not be able to run an event until July, so I chose to run the tournament one day later. I am very sorry if this messes with anyone's schedule. I still hope to see you all there!***************

Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1166099000185509/

Hey everybody! This is Jay, your friendly neighborhood TO. Thanks to Extra Life Sacramento and UC Davis Children's Hospital, I have found an awesome spot at Mango's Burgertown. They are willing to let us use their club space as a new venue for CFD's monthly events. Mango's will be serving burgers, drinks, and beer during the tournaments in the resturant. Since they are letting us use their space, please purchase food and drinks from them. We have a big open space, and a really cool location in midtown. Please come out and show your support!

For our tournaments this month, I will be running brackets for Injustice 2 and a special SFV tournament that can get you a chance to win a trip to SCR! If there are more games you would like to see tournaments for, please speak up. The more people that are interested in other games, the bigger the lineup will be.

The SFV tournament will run differently this time. The top 2 players will have the opprotunity to play at another Round Robin where you can win a trip to SCR hosted by Carolyn Dao! This tournament is for Sac and surrounding areas only (as far west as Fairfield, east as Reno, north as Chico, and south as Modesto). This tournament is also for NON SPONSORED PLAYERS ONLY! If you sport a sponsor tag on your name usually, do not sign up.

The top 2 for this tournament will be decided by one of these 2 instances:

15 or less participants- Round Robin 2/3 matches

16 or more participants- Double Elimination tournament first then top 4 will compete in a Round Robin 2/3 matches

***PLEASE NO OUTSIDE FOOD AND DRINK***

When:
Saturday May 27th, 2017
Signups start at 1pm and brackets start at 3pm.

Where:
Mango's Burgertown
1930 K St, Sacramento

Cost:
Spectating and casuals: FREE!!!!

Registration Fee: $5. 100% of this fee will go directly to Extra Life and the UCDavis Children's Hospital. CASH ONLY

WE NEED HELP WITH SETUPS! We could use some PS4 setups for Injustice and SFV. For the first 5 people that bring in setups, we will waive the registration fee.

Tournament Fees:

CASH ONLY

Street Fighter V- Round Robin: $5
Injustice 2: $5

Winnings: Pot split 70%/20%/10% for all games

Rules:
INJUSTICE 2
Game version: US PlayStation 4
Game Settings: Versus Mode, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap
Winner's, Losers, and Grand finals will play 3/5 Matches.
Legacy Controller Mode is banned... For now
Stage Select: All random
No gear change (Rule could change)
**Rules can change after release of the game**

STREET FIGHTER V
Game version: US PlayStation 4
Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap
Legacy Controller Mode is banned.
Training Stage, Plane stage, and the Beach stage are not tournament legal.

The SFV tournament will run differently this time. The top 2 players will have the opprotunity to play at another Round Robin where you can win a trip to SCR! This tournament is for Sac and surrounding areas only (as far west as Fairfield, east as Reno, north as Chico, and south as Modesto). This tournament is also for NON SPONSORED PLAYERS ONLY! If you sport a sponsor tag on your name usually, do not sign up.

The top 2 for this tournament will be decided by one of these 2 instances:

15 or less participants- Round Robin 2/3 matches

16 or more participants- Double Elimination tournament first then top 4 will compete in a Round Robin 2/3 matches

Last edited:

ninjay

Mortal
*********Date change! The venue double booked and I agreed to host the event on Sunday May 28th. I may not be able to run an event until July, so I chose to run the tournament one day later. I am very sorry if this messes with anyone's schedule. I still hope to see you all there!***************

Moderator, please change the date of the event