What's new

MAX DMG Optimal BnB and Krushing Blow Kombos

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Yeah those last 2 especially. The others may be the best we'll get out of Chain Reaction variant though. Scorpion's best damaging BNBs seem to require Demon Dash (at least from what labbing was possible in beta).

yzzerdd

levitate levitate levitate levitate
Demon Dash is a great move that can punish some moves that you normally can't as well. I just really like f.32 in Chain Reaction, overhead-low string with far range, great to use in neutral or oki situations, and makes some conversions off of stray hit confirms really easy.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
What’s not shown in these videos is the 60 seconds you have to wait for the meter to do his combos. I found similar combos but they require too many resources compared to the others in the beta. Skarlet and Kabal can hit high 300s w a single bar and no KBs; Jade can’t but she more than makes up for it with incredible space control. Baraka’s footsie tools are strong and he can still do 300+ damage combos with one meter and 400+ with a KB (doing gutted twice). Scorpion has few tools to make up for his resource requirements, and most of those tools are unsafe. He’s hella fun to play tho, I think they can bring back his meterless spear or make more strings (or his TP) safe.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What’s not shown in these videos is the 60 seconds you have to wait for the meter to do his combos. I found similar combos but they require too many resources compared to the others in the beta. Skarlet and Kabal can hit high 300s w a single bar and no KBs; Jade can’t but she more than makes up for it with incredible space control. Baraka’s footsie tools are strong and he can still do 300+ damage combos with one meter and 400+ with a KB (doing gutted twice). Scorpion has few tools to make up for his resource requirements, and most of those tools are unsafe. He’s hella fun to play tho, I think they can bring back his meterless spear or make more strings (or his TP) safe.
Definitely don’t think TP should be safe, but he could use a safe string, misery blade helps though

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
IF you have Demon Dash, Scorpion does have a few good combos that are one bar.

* Jump punch 2 into Standing 4, Teleport Amp, F3, (delay) 4, Demon Dash. 330.94 dmg.
* Without the jump punch and better used as a punish it does 306.94 dmg.
* With or without the jump punch you can sub the 4 for any of his other starters for more versatility but like 2-3% less dmg.
* Note the {F3, (delay) 4} is NOT the F34 string UNLESS you are punishing and can get the KB for a damage boost. You actually do an F3, wait a sec, and do standing 4 into Demon Dash.
* If the {F3, (delay) 4} is an execution barrier, you CAN drop the F3 and just do the 4 for less dmg but easier execution. The difference is big though. The first combo with jump punch but without F3 drops from 330.94 to like 303.?? something. Getting the timing down is highly recommended, lol.
* Credit goes to @Scott The Scot for discovery of this one bar game changer BNB. He prefers the B14 starter, btw. I posted the 4 starter version as it is more damaging but unless used as a punish it is more risky, lol. I'm only reposting his findings for fellow Scorpion fans to benefit from.

Does it make him equal to Kabal, Baraka, or Skarlet? Nope. Still great for 1 bar with Scorpion though. Yes he could use some slight safety and/or damage buffs to be on the same level as the others so far. And YES his Spear REALLY should be switched back to meterless capture if Kabal gets 2 or 3 free hit moves meterless (Nomad Dash, Gas Blast, Extended Hook), lol.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
* Credit goes to @Scott The Scot for discovery of this one bar game changer BNB. He prefers the B14 starter, btw. I posted the 4 starter version as it is more damaging but unless used as a punish it is more risky, lol. I'm only reposting his findings for fellow Scorpion fans to benefit from.
You don't need to credit me man it's just a combo lol. I'm sure I wasn't the first person to find it, I only started playing Scorpion pretty late on in the beta. I saw people only using like F3, 11~Spear or something like that so I just used F3, 4 instead and it worked. Substituted the spear for a Demon dash and bob's your uncle!

yzzerdd

levitate levitate levitate levitate
He definitely doesn't get as much damage for the amount of resources as the stronger characters in the beta, no doubt. In my experience, I was still able to get the resources needed for the 2 bar kombos often enough to warrant their viability. Tbh, the thing that stops you from pulling off long kombos like these most of the time are breakaways, not the lack of offensive meter. As I mentioned above, imo f.32 in chain reaction is so good in neutral and oki situations that I'll sacrifice the fraction of extra damage that the demon dash bnbs provide.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
You don't need to credit me man it's just a combo lol. I'm sure I wasn't the first person to find it, I only started playing Scorpion pretty late on in the beta. I saw people only using like F3, 11~Spear or something like that so I just used F3, 4 instead and it worked. Substituted the spear for a Demon dash and bob's your uncle!
Lol. I came up with my share of cool shit on my own but nowhere near as optimal as that and you were the first to share and post it so that is good enough for me, brother. You helped my Scorpion game and that's what truly matters, lmao.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Lol. I came up with my share of cool shit on my own but nowhere near as optimal as that and you were the first to share and post it so that is good enough for me, brother. You helped my Scorpion game and that's what truly matters, lmao.
Sharing is what it's all about my man, glad you optimised a little more then!