What's new

Combo Video - Unbreakable Max Damage Corner Combos

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
If I hear another person saying Unbreakable needs a damage buff...

Just like with Sub-Zero in MK9, EX Ice Ball scales less than regular Ice Ball. So spending a bar on EX Ice ball gives you about 4% more damage in your combo.

These are the max damage corner combos without meter and with 1 bar off b12 and our 50/50 starters:

Braindead

Can I just ask, what was the need for the enhanced ice ball for the second combo. Wouldn't you have gotten the same result without the MB or am I just being retarded
The first combo and the second combo are exactly the same, except for one using a regular ice ball and the second using an ex ice ball. Look at the damage difference.

As I said in the OP, EX ice ball scales less than regular ice ball, so the combo does more damage.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I don't know why you are fighting so hard to say Unbreakable doesn't need buffs.

Everything you just did here can be done by GM, and often meterless matches your 1 bar combos, and much easier to execute.

You are spending meter for 4% damage, with one of the most inconsistent follow ups available to our character, B2 B2, 242 123 slide is stupidly hard to get consistent, I mained Unbreakable for a month so I know it's basically never worth going for this.

I don't understand, all this video does for me is highlight one of the many reasons why Unbreakable is never played and never will be. Why are we spending meter on these super inconsistent wall combos...

Unbreakable needs buffs. Doesn't have to be damage related, but using these as reasoning that he doesn't is clutching at straws

Braindead

I don't know why you are fighting so hard to say Unbreakable doesn't need buffs.

Everything you just did here can be done by GM, and often meterless matches your 1 bar combos, and much easier to execute.

You are spending meter for 4% damage, with one of the most inconsistent combos available to our character, B2 B2, 242 123 slide is stupidly hard to get consistent.

I don't understand, all this video does for me is highlight one of the many reasons why Unbreakable is never played and never will be. Why are we spending meter on these super inconsistent wall combos...

Unbreakable needs buffs. Doesn't have to be damage related, but using these as reasoning that he doesn't is clutching at straws
Lol where did I reason that he didn't need buffs because he has these combos?

I just said that he doesn't need a damage buff, which he doesn't.

The combo isn't inconsistent at all. You just need to learn the timing.

The D'Vorah players have 2-frame links now in their combos. You don't see them dropping it because it's stupidly hard.

Also saying that all of this can be done with GM... Okay then go play GM and leave Unbreakable for me. I like hard combos and less damaging combos.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The opening post strongly suggested you were sick of hearing people say he needs buffs, I don't know, if that's not the case then nevermind?

If you can post me match footage of you (or anyone) landing B2 B2 242 123 slide 3 times in a row without dropping it, I'll admit it's my execution. It is literally the tightest hardest combo Sub Zero has.

Regardless, saying that GM completely outclasses this variation in this doesn't mean I should just go back to GM. I really like Unbreakable and want it to be viable, it doesn't just belong to you be because you play it the most it would be nice to make this version viable. Doesn't have to be a damage buff, but if you are going to say no to that you should put up something telling us what you think it needs, is all

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well first of all good job for the vid and the effort you put in brain.
Using meter for 3% was intended to show that unbreakable is really shit and you need to burn meter like a torch to inflict at least a little amount of damage.

But seriously this variation is just aweful. His ice parry is just too risky. If you do not make the right read the opponent can full combo punish your ass. Thats the problem i have with it. and less chip dmg doesnt help either.
Its like sub zero without a variation. Thats why i think it is one of the or the worst variation.

A damage buff would help this variation's mid screen game. GM doesn't need a damage buff bc of the ice clone and Cryo already has great mid screen damage. But unbreakable is lacking in the damage dept. with that said the main issue with the variation is the recovery on the ice parry. Its too long.

Last edited:

KeTTu

Noob
Unbreakable sub is just as viable if not more so than his other two variations IMO.

The aura is good because you won't take any chip at all while blocking (not less like someone said) and you can use it for gimmicky shit like d4 xx ice aura into 5050 or w/e. Surely this is strong vs those pressure characters like cage and Lao?

The parry beats everything except air attacks. You can parry interrupt strings for a full combo punish, can anyone else do this? It being punishable on whiff is the price you pay for spamming it or making a bad read.

With subs great corner carry and these options he is a scary char to fight against in the corner... even if he is the one cornered you still must respect his options

Sure he has weaknesses like a lack of AA but damn you can't have it all.

Source - countless hours vs braindeads unbreakable sub.

llabslb

R1D1_998
I use UB when GM's Ice clone and corner pressure become pointless for a certain matchup like Sub v Raiden (I pulled that one out of my ass) other than that UB is pretty damn pointless

Unbreakable sub is just as viable if not more so than his other two variations IMO.

The aura is good because you won't take any chip at all while blocking (not less like someone said) and you can use it for gimmicky shit like d4 xx ice aura into 5050 or w/e. Surely this is strong vs those pressure characters like cage and Lao?

The parry beats everything except air attacks. You can parry interrupt strings for a full combo punish, can anyone else do this? It being punishable on whiff is the price you pay for spamming it or making a bad read.

With subs great corner carry and these options he is a scary char to fight against in the corner... even if he is the one cornered you still must respect his options

Sure he has weaknesses like a lack of AA but damn you can't have it all.

Source - countless hours vs braindeads unbreakable sub.
I don't have a problem with ice parry being punishable. It should be full combo punishable for balance reasons. But i believe the recovery frames are too high.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I suggested changing Aura to D,D,1 to allow D,B,1 for ice burst. He then gains an anti air and it's in 2/3 of his variations, it's even in no variation. He is lacking in the damage department and opening the opponent. The Parry freeze shouldn't scale so much since it is so risky compared to Klone or Iceball. As far as pressure/defensive tools I wanted Ice Puddle(MK2/UMK3/MKT). Puddle > combo > freeze > ender = The damage he needs. This would make Unbreakable worth using and not overpower it to S-Tier.

If you can post me match footage of you (or anyone) landing B2 B2 242 123 slide 3 times in a row without dropping it, I'll admit it's my execution. It is literally the tightest hardest combo Sub Zero has.
You have to do the 242 quickly after the B2 to get the best height. That's the key. Just practice it. I do it all the time. I did this with fraps making the framerate skip like crazy if that mimics a match for you.