What's new

Guide - Reptile Matchup Short Notes (In Progress)

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Youre gonna have your hands full once you get to Triborg considering all 4 variations are seperate characters. Korey should have Smoke covered and Pnut with Sektor. Unless you have someone better, I could run CSZ with ya sometime.

Wow, ****ing awesome job, TC!

nice list. I would say that dragons fire liu kang is a definitely a bad match up though. He wins full screen with fireballs and up close his fbrc's can be very difficult to deal with. Reptile can only get out ex slide in between any gaps he leaves which isn't really ideal. You can avoid b12 on wakeup with ex slide as well but again thats not the most preferred option.

Boneshaper shinnok also feels bad. His space control and zoning can be a problem again forcing you to use ex slide. Thats something I've noticed about reptiles bad match ups. You end ex slide alot more than other match ups.

Than again I only play noxious so i don't know how the other two fair in these situations.
Yeah, that is a nightmare matchup, really ...

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
Wow, ****ing awesome job, TC!

Yeah, that is a nightmare matchup, really ...
yeah ive never really found a good way to deal with liu kang. I mean you can use pounce to go over his low fireballs but you cant fuck up your spacing because its death on whiff. and then you have to constantly use ex slide when he does fbrcs just to put some fear into him and let him know he cant get them for free. his pokes are bad so you can kind of get away with staggers and reptiles stale pressure style. not sure if lius d3 low profiles reps f4 though.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
I've been having success vs some Reptile players with Boneshaper lately. Boneshaper probably does better than Tarkatan and definitely does better than Kotal.

No forceballs allowed bro.

I know Stabs prefers Imposter, so this might be an overall bad match for Lord Reptile.

@WiseM0nkey @THTB @OFIDYAN @PlatypusVortex
Yeah its definitely bad. He gets out zoned and out footsied at every turn. I dunno I'd like to grind it out a bit more before i say just how bad it is but its definitely not in his favor.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I've been having success vs some Reptile players with Boneshaper lately. Boneshaper probably does better than Tarkatan and definitely does better than Kotal.

I know Stabs prefers Imposter, so this might be an overall bad match for Lord Reptile.

Probably have over 2000 games vs cowboy. He swears it's in reptiles favor but we all know that is not true. I have it as 4-6 in boneshaper favor

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

It's in Bone Shaper's favor. Only time he gets forceballs is on oki-safe setups. And the neutral is hard for Reptile.