What's new

Video/Tutorial - Tanya Matches Against Milky Situation

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Finally! I finally saw a reptile player that replaces the (1) in F4, (1) with Slide. I have been wondering why not that many Reptiles since almost no body does that so it would be a guaranteed hit. Nonetheless, good set, wish I could provide some pointers but unfortunately I know very little about Tanya. May be you can stagger your strings sometimes with the low in order to mess up the player's order of blocking? I honestly don't know why Tanya players don't utilize their low starters that much, like do the low starter then the overhead special, it would surely keep them on their toes,

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Finally! I finally saw a reptile player that replaces the (1) in F4, (1) with Slide. I have been wondering why not that many Reptiles since almost no body does that so it would be a guaranteed hit. Nonetheless, good set, wish I could provide some pointers but unfortunately I know very little about Tanya. May be you can stagger your strings sometimes with the low in order to mess up the player's order of blocking? I honestly don't know why Tanya players don't utilize their low starters that much, like do the low starter then the overhead special, it would surely keep them on their toes,
Because you can only use it a couple times before they get used to it and the risk/reward is terrible.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Because you can only use it a couple times before they get used to it and the risk/reward is terrible.
Yeah I know what you mean, but can't you only use it once or twice (like you said), and it will always be in the back of the opponent's mind, constantly thinking about the next time you might use it? May be even at the end of the last round they might be thinking and you can just take the win...I don't know. You'r right though some of their specials are severely punishable.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
I just need to actually get the game so I can sit in training room for about a week. I'll keep the low starter tip in mind though.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yeah I know what you mean, but can't you only use it once or twice (like you said), and it will always be in the back of the opponent's mind, constantly thinking about the next time you might use it? May be even at the end of the last round they might be thinking and you can just take the win...I don't know. You'r right though some of their specials are severely punishable.
I know what you mean but against a high level player I'd recommend avoiding it. Now we can end strings being plus with invis or safe while gaining meter with klaw swipe or pounce so I think there's really little argument nowdays to use it.

Emperor Eevee

I know what you mean but against a high level player I'd recommend avoiding it. Now we can end strings being plus with invis or safe while gaining meter with klaw swipe or pounce so I think there's really little argument nowdays to use it.
Claw swipe is plus? I thought it was like -2 or something.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
@25 seconds- you could have combo'd off of that. Just do a slight run into f2 or b1 2+4.
@53 seconds- You can punish Cassie's flipkick. B1 2+4 or at least f2.

I only watched the first match cause I have class but thats what I noticed. Also you tend to do the air moves after teleport too much, against someone who knows the MU that shit could get you killed lol.

Emperor Eevee

I only watched the first match cause I have class but thats what I noticed. Also you tend to do the air moves after teleport too much, against someone who knows the MU that shit could get you killed lol.
I just started messing around with those. In a tournament setting, I don't use them that often.