What's new

Marvel VS Capcom Collection is WILD!!

Capcom fans get everything while MK fans get.. trash.. The announcement of Marvel vs Capcom collection is wild and a massive love letter towards their fans. Why can't Mk fans get proper remakes/remasters of fan favorites? MK shaolin monks, MK Deception, MK9 all deserve a proper HD re-release. Hell, even the OG trilogy deserves another, done good, remaster.

Attachments

Krasiox

Noob
Might be big cope, but there is a chance the "suprise" Ed Boon was talking about several months ago ends up being all MK 3D games including Shaolin Monks ported over PS5, due the fact that alot of PS2 games are being re-released for the PS4/PS5 right now. There is that, but again probably just coping.

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter
Capcom fans get everything while MK fans get.. trash.. The announcement of Marvel vs Capcom collection is wild and a massive love letter towards their fans. Why can't Mk fans get proper remakes/remasters of fan favorites? MK shaolin monks, MK Deception, MK9 all deserve a proper HD re-release. Hell, even the OG trilogy deserves another, done good, remaster.
My fam worked for marvel, and since some of the managers knew me since i was a baby, i was befriending some of the advert managers and others, always asking them about stuff like this, lemme give ya the details;

So years ago, with infinite, Marvel thought even without the effort or style or X-Men of umvc3, the banger would be a banger because it was just, mvc. We all know how that happened. What this basically is, is another testing of the waters. The main reason it couldn't be considered before was because FOX owned the licensee for the X-Men and other properties like venom. Rights were all over the place. Only recently a few years ago, did they start doing signings for Marvel to have some permissions and rights (This is especially evident with characters like Venom. It's why they even had Eddy Brock technically in the MCU for a brief duration, to leave the symbiote for Tom Holland Peter Parker. The next movie will most likely be Ultimate spider man with the black suit) Due to this, since there was no reason not to, to test interest with Mahvel, they are releasing this collection to test interest, sales, popularity, etc.

Very good chance we possibly get a shot at MVC4 if this is massively sold.

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter
My fam worked for marvel, and since some of the managers knew me since i was a baby, i was befriending some of the advert managers and others, always asking them about stuff like this, lemme give ya the details;

So years ago, with infinite, Marvel thought even without the effort or style or X-Men of umvc3, the banger would be a banger because it was just, mvc. We all know how that happened. What this basically is, is another testing of the waters. The main reason it couldn't be considered before was because FOX owned the licensee for the X-Men and other properties like venom. Rights were all over the place. Only recently a few years ago, did they start doing signings for Marvel to have some permissions and rights (This is especially evident with characters like Venom. It's why they even had Eddy Brock technically in the MCU for a brief duration, to leave the symbiote for Tom Holland Peter Parker. The next movie will most likely be Ultimate spider man with the black suit) Due to this, since there was no reason not to, to test interest with Mahvel, they are releasing this collection to test interest, sales, popularity, etc.

Very good chance we possibly get a shot at MVC4 if this is massively sold.
Also; in comparison to PS2 era MK, if they are being rushed with mk1 development, then 0 chance we get time for those ports :(

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I bet if Capcom bought Mortal Kombat, they'd make an MK9 remake so fast that it would travel back in time and we could have it right now.

My dream has always been a real big Marvel 1V1 game, so I can main X-Men '97 Magneto and master magnetism magnificently.

CanoCano

Noob
I bet if Capcom bought Mortal Kombat, they'd make an MK9 remake so fast that it would travel back in time and we could have it right now.

My dream has always been a real big Marvel 1V1 game, so I can main X-Men '97 Magneto and master magnetism magnificently.
If Capcom bought MK we'd have another "Darkstalkers Are Not Dead" situation lol, they wouldn't want MK to compete with SF so it'd likely get put down and get rarely anything after the fact
The only major company i could see doing anything with MK if they buy it is Sega, they haven't made a fighting game since 2010 (Ultimate Showdown was a remake) and Virtua Fighter is a 3D Fighter so when they bring it back it wouldn't directly compete with MK