What's new

Martian Manhunter =(

Turnbull

Noob
Hey guys,

I put the game down for a while and recently picked it up again. Just wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do about MM matchup? It legit kind of feels like everything everyone cried to nerf about superman they gave to martian manhunter (minus damage output).

His zoning seems better, or at the very least, he outzones everyone because of his teleport.

With the f2-3 nerf, his overhead teleport also seems COMPLETELY safe (can easily backdash out of f2-3). Dashing under isn't usually effective for me because the hitbox is huge. A double dash works, but there is no time to do two dashes on reaction.

So I guess now I'm just wondering A) Is he considered the best character in the game now and B) as superman what are my best options?

Sorry if this is old news.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Most of the community agree that MMH is top3. Best / safest option for you is mb b3 on reaction.

I started playing this game again since 2 weeks and never played vs this character before
at first I was like wow wth is going on almost everything feels safe what MM does
2 weeks later Im still like wow lol

Turnbull

Noob
Overhead teleport is still punishable by f23 as long as you aren't holding back before he does it.
Ah do you mean that the extra distance caused by holding back before the hit will make the F23 whiff if he backdashes? That would explain why I am sometimes able to punish (just not consistently). Thank you.

He's definitely way way way better online than he is offline - almost impossible to punish OH tele online besides MB B3.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Ah do you mean that the extra distance caused by holding back before the hit will make the F23 whiff if he backdashes? That would explain why I am sometimes able to punish (just not consistently). Thank you.
Yeah, exactly.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Depends on TYM, some weeks the best character is MMH, some its Aquaman, sometimes BA. All I can tell u is do not attempt to zone at all and keep him pinned down. Don't let him get the momentum, since you play Superman just keep in on him, once MMH gets comfortable all he will do to SM players is sit back and react to dashes and lasers. You can try baiting him but online thats tough because MMH online is way worse then offline. Just stay on him and lock him down in the corner. Trait up whenever possible because his multiple hitting MB B3 will blow you up, also respect his wake up game. I know its a lot easier to say then actually do but I live with the best MMH so I feel your pain and I'm just trying to offer the best advice I can give.

DinoPizzaria

Professional Twerking Choreographer
Hey guys,

I put the game down for a while and recently picked it up again. Just wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do about MM matchup? It legit kind of feels like everything everyone cried to nerf about superman they gave to martian manhunter (minus damage output).

His zoning seems better, or at the very least, he outzones everyone because of his teleport.

With the f2-3 nerf, his overhead teleport also seems COMPLETELY safe (can easily backdash out of f2-3). Dashing under isn't usually effective for me because the hitbox is huge. A double dash works, but there is no time to do two dashes on reaction.

So I guess now I'm just wondering A) Is he considered the best character in the game now and B) as superman what are my best options?

Sorry if this is old news.
Well, what character do you play as against him? Certain characters have great tools to get through his teleport and other shenanigans.

Turnbull

Noob
Well, what character do you play as against him? Certain characters have great tools to get through his teleport and other shenanigans.
Superman, hence posting it here? hahaha. My alt is KF, and I find it playable only because if I do manage to actually get him into the vortex (despite her midget arm normals) I only need to guess right a few times. That said, I find superman to be a more viable match up.