What's new

Tech Martian Manhunter F2D3 tech

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Was Hoping to add something to MMH for a while now

I didn't go very in-depth with this as it's mmh, I could have spent a good 10mins covering everything
but I'm sure mmh players will make use of this and evolve it.

Hope this is of use as it's not much really

Please discuss your thoughts on this

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
The video was well put together, and showcased some decent combos. F2d1 seems to be implemented more or less based on MMH player. For instance, I notice REO does it much more than say Wonder Chef, at least based on the video he posted. Whether or not this means anything is another story. But tech wise, it isn't really something we haven't seen before though. Again, I like how the video is put together though. Oh and it's f2 d3 isn't it?

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
nice video. other forward advancing moves similar to this string can also be spaced properly as to avoid punishment.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Surprised I missed that :/
thanks Rickyraws and others for pointing that out

I hadn't realized Reo made a video on this, though I'm not too surprised

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Surprised I missed that :/
thanks Rickyraws and others for pointing that out

I hadn't realized Reo made a video on this, though I'm not too surprised
I don't think he did. I was referencing the video Chef posted of his MMH. Solid MMH play, though I can't say I saw him use the string. It's not like he had any reason to, I just noticed that REO used it more often than not.

However I just thought about something: Since, as you displayed in your video, the move has crazy range, implementing it to catch opponents walking away can be a crucial part of a person's playstyle. In theory, you really have no reason to block low when you're far away from Manhunter. His teles don't hit low, and he's got no low attack that can get you from full screen. When you are distanced from your opponent, whatever they see you doing, if they're smart, they'll block high for fear of teleport or you using trait and trying to jump and catch them with a jump in. They may not, again in theory, expect a low attack, and so you might trip them up. If you're too far to combo you can still at least get a bf3 out of it, no?

Someone mentioned having trouble against Batman with MMH. I played one who would pull out Bats and walk back to full screen. He did so because he anticipated a tele. He would keep doing so and occasionally release the Bats and rush you. They can catch you if you tele sometimes. Also, like with Killer Frost's slide (a safe move) overhead tele can be made unsafe sometimes if the opponent releases the Bats and your tele was one of the 3 hit levels that pushes you the furthest away. The person almost never blocked low and that's what made victory simple, albeit annoying. I can see how this tech would have shut down this hit and run tactic of his.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I don't think he did. I was referencing the video Chef posted of his MMH. Solid MMH play, though I can't say I saw him use the string. It's not like he had any reason to, I just noticed that REO used it more often than not.
There isn't really a good time to use that string against superman. You don't want to be inside against him, but even if you try, you'll get punched out of it more often than not.

I do use that string quite often in other matchups though.

F2D1 ??? I was like.. wait its superman's string!!! Nice little video! I didn't realize it was safe from a distance, but I have beeb using it like KF's slide a lot, of course not against Superman. Actually good Superman players like to dash or just walk a little bit back to whiff punish you with f23. So it might work in this rare cases:)

Nutrient

Lex Flex
F2D1 ??? I was like.. wait its superman's string!!! Nice little video! I didn't realize it was safe from a distance, but I have beeb using it like KF's slide a lot, of course not against Superman. Actually good Superman players like to dash or just walk a little bit back to whiff punish you with f23. So it might work in this rare cases:)
Cannot tell the differance between good and bad Supermans :joker:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Why is everyone falling into the trap of calling f2d3 f2d1... I have seen this in SO many threads lol.