What's new

[Mar 29, 2014] Brutality - March 2014 (Cincinnati, OH)

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org

Brutality marches on into 2014!

- - - COSTS - - -
Venue Fee: $5
IJ Double Elimination (PS3/360): $10 & $5
KI Double Elimination (XBO): Free
GGAC+R Double Elimination (PS3/360): Entry $2
TTT2 Double Elimination (PS3): Entry $2
UMvC3 Double Elimination (360): Entry $5
SSFIV:AE 2012 Double Elimination (360): Entry $5
Martial Masters Double Elimination (Cabinet): Free

Please pay Venue Fee to Arcade Legacy's Front Desk. Please sign up for tournaments with, and pay Entry Fees to, me (Nathan Shields).

- Community Voted Tournaments -
Thanks to everyone who voted!

- - - BARELY BRUTAL - - -
These games will be available for all-day play, but will not be official Brutality tournaments.

Nidhogg (PC)
Def Jam: Fight for New York (PS2)
Divekick (Cabinet)

- - - SCHEDULE - - -
5pm - GGAC+R & TTT2 & KI
6pm - UMvC3 & IJ
7pm - Martial Masters & SSFIV:AE

- - - STREAM SCHEDULE - - -
1-2 - Shaq Fu Exhibition
2-3 - GGAC+R FT5 Exhibition
3-4 - SCV Exhibition
4-5 - MvC3 Exhibition
5-6 - Injustice Crew Battles Exhibition
6-7 - Killer Instinct Top 8
7-8 - GGAC+R Top 4
8-9 - TTT2 Top 3
9-10 - Injustice $5 Top 4
10-11 - Injustice $10 Top 4
11-12 - UMvC3 Top 3
12-1 - SSFIV Top 3

This stream schedule is subject to change based on timeliness of brackets.

- - - EXHIBITIONS - - -
What do you want to see? What do you want to participate in? Post up, bring some people together, and we'll put on one hell of a show!

1pm-2pm - Shaq Fu
2pm-3pm - GGAC+R
3pm-4pm - SCV
4pm-5pm - MvC3
5pm-6pm - Injustice Crew Battles

Thanks to everyone who voted!

- - - FRIENDLY BOUNTIES - - -
Bring a friend who pays venue fee and enters at least two different tournaments at Brutality. If you do, then you will receive $2 from me for each friend you bring.

You must be with the person who you claim to have bountied at the time you receive your reward. The same person cannot be claimed as a bounty by two or more different people. The person you claim to have bountied cannot be considered a regular attendee of AL Fight Night (i.e. travels to 2 or more Fight Nights per 4 week period).

There is no limit on the number of times a person can be considered a Friendly Bounty. However, the person only qualifies if they have been to Arcade Legacy 1 or no times in the previous 4 week period.

- - - HEADHUNTER BOUNTIES - - -
Defeat Mod in Injustice Winner's Bracket in either the $10 or $5 tournament and receive $3 from Nathan Shields. Defeat Mod in Injustice Loser's Bracket in either the $10 or $5 tournament and receive $3 from Nathan Shields.

Defeat Old School Brotha in KI Winner's Bracket and receive $3 from Nathan Shields. Defeat Old School Brotha in KI Loser's Bracket and receive $3 from Nathan Shields.

Defeat Kyle W. in GGAC+R Winner's Bracket and receive $3 from Nathan Shields. Defeat Kyle Wattula in GGAC+R Loser's Bracket and receive $3 from Nathan Shields.

Defeat Chrishin in TTT2 Winner's Bracket and receive $3 from Nathan Shields. Defeat Chrishin in Loser's Bracket and receive $3 from Nathan Shields.

Defeat Servo in SSFIV:AE Winner's Bracket and receive $2 from Nathan Shields. Defeat Servo in SSFIV:AE Loser's Bracket and receive $2 from Nathan Shields.

Defeat Neon Geon in Martial Masters Winner's Bracket and receive $2 from Nathan Shields. Defeat Neon Geon in Martial Masters Loser's Bracket and receive $2 from Nathan Shields.

Defeat DJ Steel in UMvC3 Winner's Bracket and receive $2 from Nathan Shields. Defeat DJ Steel in UMvC3 Loser's Bracket and receive $2 from Nathan Shields

DISCLAIMER: Headhunter Bounties are only applicable if a game has 8 or more entrants, permitting the use of a double elimination bracket. You must come to me in order to collect a bounty. Bounties are not payable after the conclusion of the event.

- - - RULES & PRIZES - - -
All PowerUp rules will be in effect for this event.
http://powerupyourworld.blogspot.com/p/event-rules.html

The payout scale is also available on the rules page.

I will disqualify you if you hold up the bracket. Stay in the area and be active in wanting to know when your matches are. There are no refunds on tournament entry fees if you are disqualified.

Start time is going to be rigid. I hope you all can make it on time. If not, then I hope bye spots will still be open.

- - - VENUE - - -
Arcade Legacy
662 Cincinnati Mills Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45240
(513) 874-8766

- - - STREAM - - -
http://www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy

- - - FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE - - -
https://www.facebook.com/events/787693564593890/

Last edited:

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
As you can see, the Entry Fees for our games are not yet decided upon. I welcome input on this matter. I am considering either $5 or $10 entry for our main games (KI / IJ). It is likely that all other, unannounced, tournament games will go the traditional Brutality route of $2 entry a piece.

I am sure you also noticed that Venue Fee is not yet decided upon. This will be remedied by late tomorrow evening. The Venue Fee will either be $5 per person, or $10 per person. I just need to doublecheck with Arcade Legacy before I post it up.

And for anyone who may have missed it, if you would like to place votes for the 5 additional tournament games and 4 potential exhibitions, please follow this link to the Facebook Event Page for Brutality - March 2014, and cast your votes beneath the appropriate post:https://www.facebook.com/events/787693564593890/

Also for anyone who may have missed it, we are going to stream Top 8 for our main games (KI / IJ) and potentially some others. Usually at Brutality, we only stream exhibition so that we can save time, given that we start late on Thursday Fight Night at Arcade Legacy. Brutality - March 2014 is being held on Saturday so thankfully we are not so restricted.

I look forward to comments here and at the Facebook Event Page.

Last edited:

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Definitely what I was thinking too. Might lure out more out of towners. Hard to say, though, lol. Hopefully I'll get some more feedback either here or on the Facebook page in the next several days. I'd like to have this decision made by the end of next week.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
What about this idea, guys: two IJ tournaments. One for $10 entry, and one for $5 entry. No restrictions on who may enter what.

This way, beginners can still get in there without feeling like they're wasting money, and people who want to spend more can get in there for $15.

It also allows players to play at least twice as many tournament matches with money on the line. Thoughts?

UPDATE: IJ will have two tournaments for sure. One will be $5 entry, and the other will be $10 entry. Anyone may enter either tournament regardless of how they perform in the brackets.

Last edited:

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
The Facebook Event Page is currently hosting a vote to ban, or not ban, Batgirl's newly revealed "invisible bola" technique/glitch. Please go to the event page to cast your vote. Polls will close at 11:59pm on March 22nd.

UPDATE: NRS has resolved this issue.

Last edited:

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
KI will be free to enter. Players who attend may choose to adopt a paid entry fee in-person at Brutality - March.

GGAC+R has been added to the tournament lineup!

Shaq Fu has been added to the exhibition lineup! YESSSSS!

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I should have done this earlier, but time to tag people.

Dear everyone in the Midwest region, please come to our tournament; let's make this a regional, get everyone hype and maybe even get some new people watching these matches thinking they should play Injustice too. Oh and also due to the friendly bounty system, anyone who shows up and enters two tournaments (Hey look at that, we have 2 Injustice tournaments!) qualifies for the friendly bounty thing. Tell either Osirun or the owner (Jesse) that Fromundaman/ @VGMtheVagabond / @FF K. Rung /Diego sent you and I will make sure you receive the bounty money just for showing up and playing.

@BrobaChett @NB Semi Evil Ryu @Perfect Legend @FOREVER KING @THTB @Zyos @GGA 16 Bit @GGA Fill Pops @GGA Max @GGA pimpimjim @GGA Jeremiah @GGA Saucy Jack @GGA Slips @prycemonsta (You're nearby-ish right?) @NRF CharlieMurphy @General M2Dave

I feel like I'm forgetting people, so feel free to tag anyone else who might be able/want to make it here.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Thanks David! : )

TTT2 and UMvC3 have been added to the lineup. As well as a new MvC3 exhibition. Vanilla anyone? Yum.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Full event details have been fleshed out with help from the community voting on the Facebook Event Page. Thanks to everyone who spoke up!

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
You may not like that our resident Martial Masters guru has the good man Lotus Master banned, then. I guess the Master is OP? Neon Geon has a lot more knowledge of Martial Masters than me, so I defer to him on that ruling, lol. 3v3 with the option to choose all the same character seems kinda neat, though. And silly XD

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Thx guys! Happy to know the two tournament idea has some positive feedback already.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
By the way, the OP was updated with this but IDK if it was seen:

We now have a solid hour of stream time to dedicate to crew battles for Injustice. Hype! Let's get some inter-state rivalry going.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Bump!
This is in a week and a half!

Also @Osirun the rules don't say if this is best 2/3 or 3/5. With the community leaning heavily towards making tournaments 3/5 the whole way, I suggest we do that.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
It says 6 PM in the schedule.
@Osirun Are both tournaments starting at the same time?

Actually if you're at the arcade tonight can we talk logistics?

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Glad we talked about logistics, David. Seems like all should work out fine. As for Best 2/3 or 3/5, the rules do say that all games are Best 2/3 "unless otherwise noted". The more matches the better, though, so if entrant numbers and setups provided mix adequately, we can do Best 3/5. We'll have to wait and see : )

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I don't come on any of the FGC forums that much anymore. FB is just easier and quicker to manage, lol.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Well we're just about there. I hope everyone who comes to the event is ready to have a good time!

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I'm going to try to get there with my car around 1-2 PM, but keep in mind I tend to run later than I plan.

That said, HYPE! Prepare for the Joker!
Oh and someone knock SER into losers so I don't have to deal with lame-ass batman BS.