What's new

Man I suck at combos...tips?

I can get them in practice dummy. Though against a bot, it's nearly impossible. When I try to open up with a 122 xx force ball, BnB combo, or any other combo, I just end up jabbing FP, don't know why, maybe because it's the pressure from the bots and constantly getting hit or trying to find an open space to do it in. Which I hardly cannot due to the bot always blocking or catching me in combos, or me just failing to hit the string and end up jabbing, gah, I suck so much. :(.

Will never be good at some Reptile users!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You just gotta practice. Once you get it into muscle memory, everything just becomes reaction, really.

You'll get it, don't worry. :)

Dont be so hard on yourself,lol. The bots in MK have always been a problem. You can try putting the cpu on an easier difficulty, till you get the feel of your combo/combos. I ran into the same thing.

You just gotta practice. Once you get it into muscle memory, everything just becomes reaction, really.

You'll get it, don't worry. :)
Thanks for the response.

Actually, I wrote in my intro thread, your Reptile at PowerUp made me want to take initiative and join so I can better myself. You made it look so easy! So I tired it my self, (the 122 acid hand for pressure/BnB) and boy it's hard, even on medium bots! Lol. I think my issue is with execution, and finding the 'right time' to pre combo, I don't know if that makes sense :p. It makes my Reptile look all clunky LOL!. Though, I'll keep trying with bots, until I find some people to play with I guess.

This might be just an excuse, but I'm using an Onza, I don't like it much.

It's an honor to say, I aspire my Reptile to be like yours one day.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wow...you have no idea how cool that is to hear. Lol I just play Reptile because he's my favorite MK character and it's crazy to know that people are inspired to pick him up after what I did at PowerUp.

Lol, the Onza could be a problem. I'd NEVER wanna use that d-pad lol. >_<

But yeah, keep at it...that's pretty much all I did for hours straight...get all that down to muscle memory.

Wow...you have no idea how cool that is to hear. Lol I just play Reptile because he's my favorite MK character and it's crazy to know that people are inspired to pick him up after what I did at PowerUp.

Lol, the Onza could be a problem. I'd NEVER wanna use that d-pad lol. >_<

But yeah, keep at it...that's pretty much all I did for hours straight...get all that down to muscle memory.

Yeah, it's true though. I've always liked Reptile, so I was using him before I saw you on PU, but than just saw even more potential in him. I think I've gotten the BnB down memorized, though it's only effective on stand still targets. Get nervous during an actual fight, and end up missing my window, or doing it wrong. I'll keep at it though.

Sully

Noob
Man, I don't play Reptile. Doesn't matter, I do the same thing. I can do Kano combos all day to a dummy and even putting the dummy on AI. Somehow I just fat finger the hell out of everything when I play real people. I was told by a few people at casuals that many people are like that starting off. You gotta just keep playing.

Just trying to encourage play man, don't matter who we pick. Just need to keep the community strong. MK is only going to be as good as we, the players, make it.

I can get them in practice dummy. Though against a bot, it's nearly impossible. When I try to open up with a 122 xx force ball, BnB combo, or any other combo, I just end up jabbing FP, don't know why, maybe because it's the pressure from the bots and constantly getting hit or trying to find an open space to do it in. Which I hardly cannot due to the bot always blocking or catching me in combos, or me just failing to hit the string and end up jabbing, gah, I suck so much. :(.

Will never be good at some Reptile users!
I had the same exact problem especially with the 1,2,2 string. It's all about practice. And finding out other set ups. I'm nowhere near good but I found spending time in practice mode and trying different ways to hit the first forceball helped me a lot. While the ways I found didn't net as much damage as 1,2,2 xx I felt it helped me get into the BnB easier. I don't know if any of that made sense.

Milk

Snake eyes
Honestly, it just takes practice and getting your execution down pact. If you need help with any of the BNBs and timing them and what not, PM me or check my thread on the Elbow Dash whiff combos (The big damage). I got on Reptile as soon as I touched the game, cause the forceballs, and got hooked. Seeing THTB on PU, got me hooked even more and inspired me to do work with him, instead of just enjoying doing his combos.

Need a little bit of help with corner combos. During the corner when I do 3 2 1, the 1 knocks them back to the other side, and my combo drops.

Plus I can't execute nothing against a real player or AI, when I'm being rushed or they're blocking, or I'm trying to do a combo out of block. I still end up jabbing. Even though I'm pressing the string 321, 122, 124, etc. While other players make the characters look smooth!

Someone on Xbox add me GT is Karried, if you need a punching bag, and I need someone to practice/play with, plus you can see what I'm doing wrong, LOL!

Tried other characters too, seems like you have to press the sequence extra quick, tried Kung Lao, and his FFP, spin, dive kick, dash FP combo, I can only get to dive kick, not fast enough to dash and FP.

Failed with Cyrax too. :confused:! Though my main focus is still Reptile.

Exia 00

mufuckin uhh
One thing that helped me is that after playing for a while I realized how large the buffer window is in this game. Although it's a pain in the ass sometimes, it helps make combos easier as you don't have to wait for the animations for a visual cue. I use this to may advantage, it seems to be the only reason why I can do any combos really. Dunno if that helps.

After, trying it a couple times I noticed that for the 122 xx force ball I'm inputting the force ball as the second 2 animation just starts up.

I'm happy I came across this thread. Finally got a chance to try out some Reptile stuff and I might main him LOL

Milk

Snake eyes
One thing that helped me is that after playing for a while I realized how large the buffer window is in this game. Although it's a pain in the ass sometimes, it helps make combos easier as you don't have to wait for the animations for a visual cue. I use this to may advantage, it seems to be the only reason why I can do any combos really. Dunno if that helps.

After, trying it a couple times I noticed that for the 122 xx force ball I'm inputting the force ball as the second 2 animation just starts up.

I'm happy I came across this thread. Finally got a chance to try out some Reptile stuff and I might main him LOL
Yep. Right when the second 2 starts up, input forceball. Should work everytime, the 2nd 2 staggers.

Need a little bit of help with corner combos. During the corner when I do 3 2 1, the 1 knocks them back to the other side, and my combo drops.

Plus I can't execute nothing against a real player or AI, when I'm being rushed or they're blocking, or I'm trying to do a combo out of block. I still end up jabbing. Even though I'm pressing the string 321, 122, 124, etc. While other players make the characters look smooth!

Someone on Xbox add me GT is Karried, if you need a punching bag, and I need someone to practice/play with, plus you can see what I'm doing wrong, LOL!

Tried other characters too, seems like you have to press the sequence extra quick, tried Kung Lao, and his FFP, spin, dive kick, dash FP combo, I can only get to dive kick, not fast enough to dash and FP.

Failed with Cyrax too. :confused:! Though my main focus is still Reptile.
Takes practice man. You have to do an elbow dash whiff out of the 321 string in the corner, then do neutral jump punch. I made a thread on it to help you figure out the timing. All it takes is practice and timing. I'm hitting Rep's 45% bnb like it's nothing now.