What's new

Question Mame players and UMK2:TE?

Just wondering if anyone is playing on MAME, either game. all the PSN players just want to talk trash, and I'm not that good. Want to get better, but wondering if there's MAME players here.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just wondering if anyone is playing on MAME, either game. all the PSN players just want to talk trash, and I'm not that good. Want to get better, but wondering if there's MAME players here.
Circa late 2013 with the launch of the 8th generation of consoles, the classic MK2 scene is all but dead. MAME fares no better. In fact, it's worse. My advice, find a couple hardcore vets that still play and hit them up often. Don't even touch random online games as they are all trolls, rage quitters, and cowards hiding under alt accounts.

Solignac

Noob
I played MKII back on Mame 32k 0.64 that had the Kaillera client and I encountered some talented players.
I don't know if the kaillera scene is still around since this was a while ago, but people played all kinds of games and were pretty good. Only people with the patience to work through the problems wanted to play. A lot were smash guys.
Also, emulators are unstable with certain games. Add the fact that you're connecting through the internet makes them really unstable.
The advent of re-released older games like mk3 is kind of a blessing because Mame is annoying to work with.. It's best to stick to those if offline isn't an option for you like KillBill said.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
DWednesday :D
I'm not that good either. You'll probably find me sticking to Baraka, Reptile, and Kitana. I'd be down to play/learn/get better too :)

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
I would be happy to teach you anything you'd like to know, I play on MKAK PS3 all the time. there are tons of trolls, but there are also great matchups against expert players. I think we should all try to make a bigger effort to be respectful (even though it's tough) I have rage quit and trash talked a lot of people on here I don't like. But it's bad for the scene and I want to keep playing mk2 against high level competition so that shit needs to stop. The guides on here and rawmk2 are great starting points, but you can get better way faster if you ask expert players. Guys like Caldwell and Bill used to give me tons of info when I started that made me WAY better. I'm on PsN under "ShangShlub" most of the time as Sub is no longer my main.