What's new

MAME Crashing Windows 7, Help!

Ok, for some reason everytime I try and load a rom up in MAME32k it shows the screen where I need to type ok to continue, but it just crashes right there. I can't type ok and the window says not responding.

Can someone please help me with this issue? It does this for every rom I try.

BeRB

Noob
I've never heard of Mame crashing in Win7 I'm using Win7 with the same emulator that's very strange. Maybe the roms are corrupt? I've never had this happen.

Idk man, I've literally tried everything. I tried using regular UMK3 instead of the Jugg hacked one, nothing. 3rd Strike, Super Turbo, and still nothing. It just freezes on the type OK screen and says not responding.

I've tried setting MAME in Windows XP mode but still same result.

I've also tried googling the problem but with no luck.

Eternal

Noob
You can try installing Windows 98 or maybe vista along with having Windows 7 be the main OS...You can then switch between to windows 98 when you want to play umk3...I've never installed two Operating Systems on the same pc before so i'm not sure how easy or hard it is but its possible.

aj1701

Noob
Do you have a 64 bit version of windows? If so, and if mame has a 64 bit native client maybe you can give that a shot.

Can I play online with others with that version? That's basically my main concern as to why I want MAME32k, because it's the version everyone uses.

Eternal

Noob
sounds like thats your problem....I dont think you can play with people using the 32bit version :( ....I'll do some research on google

aj1701

Noob
sounds like thats your problem....I dont think you can play with people using the 32bit version :( ....I'll do some research on google
Heh, if thats the case, epic fail for the MAME devs. Bitness shouldn't matter when hosts communicate over the inet.