What's new

Tech - Kobu Jutsu Making rekkas more safe

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
im delaying all the rekkas while keeping it a true block string
In that case I agree with Vak. It's been known. Just for everyone's clarity, it's a tiny delay where you actually have gaps but such gaps might as well be respected as they would seem to be around 3 frames. The opponent actually can start his reversal but doesn't have enough frames to even trade.
Thanks for the reply though, for a second I thought this was new tech and I was about to apply it to my newly adquired Tanya :D

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
In that case I agree with Vak. It's been known. Just for everyone's clarity, it's a tiny delay where you actually have gaps but such gaps might as well be respected as they would seem to be around 3 frames. The opponent actually can start his reversal but doesn't have enough frames to even trade.
Thanks for the reply though, for a second I thought this was new tech and I was about to apply it to my newly adquired Tanya :D
they can start a several you say?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Maybe someone can go into the minutiae of this to me, because if I set lao to reverse in training mode any kinda delay leads to the spin breaking the rekka no matter how small I try to make it.

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
Maybe someone can go into the minutiae of this to me, because if I set lao to reverse in training mode any kinda delay leads to the spin breaking the rekka no matter how small I try to make it.
its weird but it works if you can get the first delay down the rest is easy

I'm assuming you mean a reversal. Yeah, but as they start it they get hit so you don't even see the animation.
Yea its a true block sting

I've found tech that makes tanya whole rekka string safer while being a true block strong. Its about -12 with huge push back,. so far only reptile and kung lao can punish it with ex moves, Moves like Mileena's ball roll will fail to punish due to traveling frames.

EDIT: sub can punish with any slide

I found this ages ago, I told MIT in the chat that this made Tanya OD and made me change my mind about how good Tanya is

You have to do max stagger and MB the last hit of it to be plus 2. Without MB it is around neutral when fully delayed.
It looked like +7 at least fully delayed, try to mash backdash after doing all of the delayed rekkas string. You'll see how long you have to wait, I suppose the active frames of the last rekka doesn't allow her to continue her pressure but it's at least plus 7 after last rekka hits you :)

I honestly don't think NRS did this intentionally otherwise why the fuck did they nerf KL hat spin from being +27, Shinnok hellsparks, Scorpion cancels just to create something 5 times worst, I hope KP2 brings characters that requires skills to the game and not just timing or a few days practice I really do :(

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I honestly don't think NRS did this intentionally otherwise why the fuck did they nerf KL hat spin from being +27, Shinnok hellsparks, Scorpion cancels just to create something 5 times worst, I hope KP2 brings characters that requires skills to the game and not just timing or a few days practice I really do :(
there is a big difference from +7 after chip to +27, shinnoks sparks where obnoxious as fuck, hes a zoner not a chipu to death champ;)

there is a big difference from +7 after chip to +27, shinnoks sparks where obnoxious as fuck, hes a zoner not a chipu to death champ;)
There is zero difference when you consider all it did was make KL 112124, hat spin a blockstring, I'm not saying those nerfs weren't necessary I even suggested his hat spin needed to be +13 at most in the Yomi chat. What I'm saying is KL block string did like maybe 20% and he actually lost his turn afterwards, Shinnok did more than 35% but he also lost his turn after that string. Tanya is now just another level of BS, her rekkas didn't need to be safe at all even delayed. She doesn't need it, that's a move that should be use after a hit confirm ;)

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
There is zero difference when you consider all it did was make KL 112124, hat spin a blockstring, I'm not saying those nerfs weren't necessary I even suggested his hat spin needed to be +13 at most in the Yomi chat. What I'm saying is KL block string did like maybe 20% and he actually lost his turn afterwards, Shinnok did more than 35% but he also lost his turn after that string. Tanya is now just another level of BS, her rekkas didn't need to be safe at all even delayed. She doesn't need it, that's a move that should be use after a hit confirm ;)
i think rep can armor through it ?? right? seems his is fast enough to get through somehow. if it really is 3 frames i doubt uit, but ive had several use on me and i can armor through after DF2 with reps Slippery slide