What's new

General/Other - Impostor making Imposter Shinnok more viable via IA Teleport

This is not feasible with normal Dpad settings

go to tree in PlayStation menu to do button remapping

Settings-Accessibility-Button Assignments

and switch down dpad button with L1

IA tele is very easy to input when holding down L1 and quickly pressing up on the dpad twice

Tweaking settings only effect the user doing the button remap.
It'll be annoying to get used to having the buttons switched, but this seems
like it will make Imposter Shinnok better

Last edited:

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
LOL at remapping buttons in tourney.

Nice try, currently won't be allowed at CEO.

EDIT - btw, IA teleports are very doable normally. You should see my instant floats

Last edited:

Kitana Prime

What's wrong with button remapping? Is it somehow unfair.
It's a grey area.

Not to mention, the extra time it takes to do this, then have the next player have to change it back just so you can have an execution shortcut (which the game already provides w/ input shortcuts)...not happening.

GGA Max

Continuing our chat here...
growing pains...

go to tree in PlayStation menu to do button remapping

Settings-Accessibility-Button Assignments

and switch down dpad button with L2

IA tele is very easy to input when quickly mashing up dpad and L2

settings only effect the user doing the button remap so this should be legal.
It'll be annoying to get used to having the buttons switched, but this seems
like it will make Imposter Shinnok very potent.
Very interesting if legal. I expected it not to be. But if it only affects the user doing it, it might fly.

It's a grey area.

Not to mention, the extra time it takes to do this, then have the next player have to change it back just so you can have an execution shortcut (which the game already provides w/ input shortcuts)...not happening.
it takes like 30 secs to do and only changes the settings for the user doing it

Kitana Prime

it takes like 30 secs to do and only changes the settings for the user doing it
The next player, meaning the next players who play on that system. They won't know you've changed it and probably think their pad/stick/controller is messed up and restart the system, which adds more time, etc.

When you power down the system, do the settings revert back to default? I wouldn't think so, too much time wasted/headaches, and then you have players debating in the venue. Maybe talk about this on a broader scale. I'm against it 100%.

The next player, meaning the next players who play on that system. They won't know you've changed it and probably think their pad/stick/controller is messed up and restart the system, which adds more time, etc.

When you power down the system, do the settings revert back to default? I wouldn't think so, too much time wasted/headaches, and then you have players debating in the venue. Maybe talk about this on a broader scale. I'm against it 100%.
when logging into the PS4 you have to make a new "user" profile.

said user profile can have modified settings that only pertain to that user profile.

so another person would have to select your newly generated user profile to experience the button remap

all they have to do is create their own user profile and not select the one you were using

Kitana Prime

when logging into the PS4 you have to make a new "user" profile.

said user profile can have modified settings that only pertain to that user profile.

so another person would have to select your newly generated user profile to experience the button remap

all they have to do is create their own user profile and not select the one you were using
Still doesn't alleviate the problem. Next person is gonna sign in to random profile.
No amount of staff is policing every station to check if someone created an alternate input system