What's new

Making events out of video game releases, am I the only one?

Moco64

Noob
(Taken from - http://moco.net)

Every once in a while a game that means a lot to me comes out and I like to make events out of them. I can tell you what movie I was watching, the weather outside, and the general time when my brother came home with Mortal Kombat 2 on our Sega Genesis. Disney's The Great Mouse Detective, Rainy Night Time, and 6ish respectively.

My introduction to Mortal Kombat was Christmas Eve, I received a sega genesis, sonic 2 and MK1, which was my introduction to fighting games. The blood code blew my mind (abacabb) and I have fond memories trying to figure out how to fight reptile with a friend. We even went as far as changing the televisions tint to make sub-zero green.

My friend rented Mortal Kombat 3 and I went over his house right after school and played it in its pixelated glory. A few friends would play Ultimate MK constantly against each other. I'm not too humble to admit that I was the best player.

To say that Mortal Kombat is a huge part of my gaming life would be an understatement. I can't forget constantly playing the techno soundtrack over and over again as we played, I'll spare you any more uninteresting flashbacks. A great album btw. Now onto what this post is about.

When games that I really want, come out, I like to make an event out of them. Mega Man legacy, I had the game music in my car, my Mega Man shirt on and a coffee on the way back from Best Buy. Who cares about a coffee you say? The straw had a hole in it and dripped all over my shirt, that makes the day even more memorable.

When the bleach fighting game for the Nintendo DS came out me and a friend hung out at a local memorial in the freezing cold and played for a while.

I can go on and on about Mortal Kombats, those are my go to games and I have the strongest memories of them. For Mortal Kombat 11 I plan on making the week of release an MK week where I'll watch, both movies, the legacy series, cartoon, even the live action show. There is also an MK10 tourney that I have no business attending (I'm practicing) but I'm entering anyway. Winner gets MK11. I could go on about my other MK releases but I'll spare you.

So, does anyone else make events out of releases or am I the only one?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Man, my entire city knows that every 4 years I make everyone hear me yelling
MORTAL KOMBAT
LIU KANG
FLYING KICK
I check local stores to buy the game every fucking day

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Dude i just downloaded the game and its says i have 1 day 7 hours. I have people coming over to play, fml