Status
Not open for further replies.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Low-Tier Mortal Kombat 2 Tournament
DATE: CANCELLED
TIME: N/A

*This is the 1st of 4 Tournaments in the MK2 2013 Summer Series*
There will be a tournament for each tier. (You do not have to commit to all 4 Tournaments):

• Low Tier (Reptile, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero ONLY)
  • Low-Mid Tier (Baraka, Scorpion, Raiden ONLY)
  • High-Mid Tier (Tsung, Kitana, Kung Lao ONLY- all Shang morphs allowed!)
  • High Tier (Mileena, Jax, and Liu Kang ONLY)
Points will be awarded for every tournament in the Summer Series, with an Ultimate MK2 Winner crowned at the end of the Series. Prizes? Possibly?

POINTS SYSTEM PER TOURNAMENT:
  • WINNER- 150 POINTS
  • RUNNER UP- 100 POINTS
  • 3RD PLACE- 75 POINTS
  • 4TH PLACE- 50 POINTS
  • 5TH PLACE- 25 POINTS
  • ALL OTHER PARTICIPANTS- 10 POINTS
RULES-
  • Low-tier characters only may be picked (Reptile, Johnny Cage, and Sub-Zero).
  • All matches are best of 5 (first to 3.) Winner/Loser/Grand finals are best of 7.
  • Double elimination
  • Players will be seeded based on recent tournament results.
  • All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents.If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to the chat room IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent. Bear in mind this only applies to first round matches.
  • You are permitted to quit on account of lag after the first match without being faulted if it is unplayable. After the 2nd match is started you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in. You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and report it ASAP in the chat room in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you need to withdraw from the tournament, please give advance notice (at least 24 hours if possible) as a courtesy. Repeated no shows will result in being blacklisted from future competitions.
  • If you are currently banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10 minute grace period to show up in the chat room for the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by that time, they will be disqualified.
  • Failing to post score results of a match in the chat, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. The staff reserves the right to disqualify a player at any time.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve then the player will receive a bye.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

TAGGING: Sub0's-Icy-Balls, YourMKArcadeSource, MKillBill, Ththuvhul, Kraptile, The_Mandarin, GingerMagic, Str8Magnificent, MIKECALDWELL, btbb99, dookiebrain, CUKO28

1. mortal_jason
  2. Gematria
  3. Sub0's-Icy-Balls
  4. (open)
  5. (open)
  6. (open)
  7. (open)
  8. (open)
  9. (open)
  10. (open)
  11. (open)
  12. (open)

Reactions: MKB

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Will you be around/participating? I may need some help!
I'll be out of town on business for the first tournament so you will either have to run that one yourself or get someone else to help. ZAQ is good, 9.95 is very good. I'm sure if they have time they would be happy to help. I'll be in for the second one. Regardless, I HIGHLY advise having another staff member available (teal color or higher) in the chat room to ban any unwanted visitors ;)

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'll be out of town on business for the first tournament so you will either have to run that one yourself or get someone else to help. ZAQ is good, 9.95 is very good. I'm sure if they have time they would be happy to help. I'll be in for the second one. Regardless, I HIGHLY advise having another staff member available (teal color or higher) in the chat room to ban any unwanted visitors ;)
Ok I will ask those dudes, thanks!

Noob

Ok I will ask those dudes, thanks!
Damn... Unfortunately I'll be volunteering at the NJ Special Olympics during this.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Tournament needs 8 people to be a go. If 8 aren't signed up by Friday night, I'm cancelling it and the other Summer Series tournies.
MK2 is dead, I accept it.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sorry to see this tournament go under. Probably just bad timing with Injustice getting so much attention at the moment.

How much do you guys think that having to access Chat hurts/helps turnout? I understand why it's being used, but I wonder if it turns people off.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
How much do you guys think that having to access Chat hurts/helps turnout? I understand why it's being used, but I wonder if it turns people off.
It may turn away some (a couple) people, but it makes things FAR easier to manage in terms of communication. That said, I know what you're saying. If we get as many people for the tournament as I'm anticipating then we may alter the strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.