What's new

Low hit box characters?

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
Are they defined by being able to duck Shao Kahn's unblockable hammers? I've noticed the following duck them:

Kung Lao, Ermac, *Reptile*, Kitana, Mileena, and Jax.

I placed a * on Reptile's name because sometimes he ducks the hammer, and sometimes he is hit by it. I can't grasp the inconsistency?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Look at the front page of REO explaining Kabal's pressure system. It touches characters and their hitboxes.

Take note that some moves allow characters to completely lower their hitbox to the point where they're dodging attacks/moves that should'nt be dodged.

ie: Mileena roll , Skarlet D3 , Kabal B4 , etc.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I believe it is universally accepted that Jax, Mileena, and Quan Chi have the smallest neutral and block crouching hitboxes in the game. Sektor also has one of the smallest block crouching hitboxes in the game (but not neutral crouching). Cyrax cannot command grab a block crouching Sektor.

Mileena's d+4 lowers Mileena's character hitbox to extremes. She can, for example, "crouch" under her own telekick, Raiden's superman and b+3,1,2 and 3,3,4, etc.

The smaller your character hitbox the better because your opponent's offense becomes limited.