What's new

LOTF NW tactics

NKZero

Noob
how the fuck has nobody commented?!! Good shit dude. Lol I'm so happy I mentioned something worth putting in this vid :p. Fly, dyou still maintain that the 114 on block followed up by F3 is good as well?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
how the fuck has nobody commented?!! Good shit dude. Lol I'm so happy I mentioned something worth putting in this vid :p. Fly, dyou still maintain that the 114 on block followed up by F3 is good as well?
New video to answer your question

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont see the arrow after knockdown being NWs advantage, I'll do fullscreen wake ups every time to stop the Ex lightning and arrow, only thing you can do to that is shoulder or delay the lightning, but the lightning will be too slow. Once you start shouldering you're taking all the risk and minimal reward.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I dont see the arrow after knockdown being NWs advantage, I'll do fullscreen wake ups every time to stop the Ex lightning, only thing you can do to that is shoulder or delay the lightning, but the lightning will be too slow. Once you start shouldering you're taking all the risk and minimal reward.
Only if the arrow hits. It's certainly character dependent. Its a tool. If the arrow doesn't hit no big deal

MK_Al

Noob
Awesome guide!
- Just in case you didn't know, there has been a post explaining why the projectile on crouchblocking JC sometimes hits and sometimes misses: While crouchblocking, JC has an animation, making his head moving slightly up and down. While it's up, he can be hit with projectiles, while it's down, projectiles will go over him

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
fly,as a nightwolf player who's still really learning how to play this is gold,thanks for all your hard work on the nightwolf forum man.

- The arrow into lightning seems to be justframed at close distance, and even on full screen it looks like you have to commit to the "trap". I assume this gives most opponents - in case they knows whats comming - enough time to approach NW (full screen arrow (53 frames) + lightening (31 frames) = 84 frames total). Teleport characters would teleport, others would jump the arrow and get in via special moves. So it seems kind of risky. Any thoughts on that?
It's not automatic for sure. Like most tools...it involves making a read.

Most opponents are not going to be ready to full screen punish on reaction to an arrow. You have a limited amount of time to get a wakeup attack in so you have to be prepared ahead of time to punish with a full screen wakeup. If the opponent is respecting the arrow that much then you capitalize on their predictability.

MK_Al

Noob
It's not automatic for sure. Like most tools...it involves making a read.

Most opponents are not going to be ready to full screen punish on reaction to an arrow. You have a limited amount of time to get a wakeup attack in so you have to be prepared ahead of time to punish with a full screen wakeup. If the opponent is respecting the arrow that much then you capitalize on their predictability.
I already reconsidered. I think it's a good tool.
I wouldn't use it on close distance though, that seems to risky. But I think he didn't mean to use it upclose anyway.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
L0rdoftheFLY Great videos man. The Kenshi one helped me out a lot. I was on the search for a different BnB variant for Kenshi, and I thought I was on to something when I saw that you can do any starter (b22hatchet or 122hatchet), hatchet, 1,1, and whiff a charge. After wiffing the charge, delay a cross jump and that usually confuses the wake up. HOWEVER, this variant that you use is SO much better lol. Cheers to you man, your making NW very dangerous bro.