What's new

Looking to level up.

US east coast player looking to level up. PSN is JokerForSale.

Also, any tips for doing command throws on wakeup?

Last edited:

Also, any tips for doing command throes on wakeup?
Command grabs on wake up can be tricky because the first input is a down, which if held to long (i.e, in anticipation as your opponent is finishing the combo that you plan on waking up from) it will trigger delayed wake up and you won't be able to do a wake up grab. The trick is to recognise during your opponent's combo that you aren't going to break and that you intend to grab on wake up if they come close, then release the directional controls. As your back hits the ground, do the down back forward quickly (I tend to do a circular motion when standing, but that is more likely to trigger delayed wake up due to the down/back direction being entered, do I would advise entering down back forward as precisely and quickly as you can, without lingering on the down). This should increase your chances of the move coming out.

As for training with you, I'm in the EU so I can't.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Countrypistol is on the right track. All wake ups with a down command first have a problem- they can conflict with the delayed wake-up command (which is down). So far as getting the command grab on wake-up, it's about timing. There are two windows on knockdown. The first is delayed wake-up/tech roll. The second that comes slightly later is when you can wake-up attack. (You can do this because the delayed wake-up window is now closed).

The best way to find this is to practice. The animations are your guide, here. Just set the AI to do different types of knockdowns and learn the animations for your windows. I like to watch my character's feet. The instant they go still, that's usually when you can wake-up attack in the second window. It probably varies across characters, though. I recommend using the animations because if you play online, well, the lag will change the timing but the game still relies on the animations. I just find it to be a more reliable option.

Good luck!

Countrypistol is on the right track. All wake ups with a down command first have a problem- they can conflict with the delayed wake-up command (which is down). So far as getting the command grab on wake-up, it's about timing. There are two windows on knockdown. The first is delayed wake-up/tech roll. The second that comes slightly later is when you can wake-up attack. (You can do this because the delayed wake-up window is now closed).

The best way to find this is to practice. The animations are your guide, here. Just set the AI to do different types of knockdowns and learn the animations for your windows. I like to watch my character's feet. The instant they go still, that's usually when you can wake-up attack in the second window. It probably varies across characters, though. I recommend using the animations because if you play online, well, the lag will change the timing but the game still relies on the animations. I just find it to be a more reliable option.

Good luck!
Didn't put two and two together before with regards to the differing windows. Definitely explains some things.

shmatka

How much 1 could a 112 if a 11212?

Also, any tips for doing command throws on wakeup?
Gaylord42 is my psn. I'm also on the east coast. PM me if you want and we can see if we can't link up for some offline training. I'm not great by any means, but I like to think I at least somewhat know what I'm doing.

Good luck!
Thanks for this! It felt like a coin flip whenever I tried to do Sand Trap with Erron Black but now fools gonna fear the wakeup! Anyways it seems you have knowledge on the game so I'll lay another question on you; any tips for doing reversals?