What's new

Looking to buy a fight stick need some advice.

Hi, im quite new to the console scene, but ive been around fighting games, mostly on the Pc tho, so when i got my conolse 3 weeks ago and my mortal kombat right after that the first thought to cross my mind was how the F... to ppl play with controller while i like the feel of a keyboard i searched and searched the net for somthing similar so i came across couple of fight sticks im intrested in but im not a very technical person so i would like some advice on wich one of these to buy or if there are some other cheap sticks some one can suggsest to me.

The first one i have my eye on is Xbox360 Fighting Stick EX 2 by hori, the reason i like it are #1 Good button layout just the way i was playng on the pc #2 its cheap

The second stick i have my intrest in is Xbox360 Fighting Stick VX while the reasons i like this one are pretty much the same there
are couple of noticable diffrences to a casual consumer as my self as this one is has a wire and the EX2 is wireless
this one is cheap its not as cheap as the EX 2, but the price diffrence is not that high.

Im not intrested in the Mk9 fight stick tho, cause of the wierd button layout and the massive size of the thing, but all other suggsestions are wellcome and if you cant suggsest anything else at least give me some advice wich is the better one out of these two
Xbox360 Fighting Stick EX 2/ Xbox360 Fighting Stick VX

PS: Keep in mind i dont want to buy a high lvl tournament stick, im still new and i just need something to test the waters with and
get a good positive feeling from the purches im going to make.

EDIT : Forgot to mention im a Xbox 360 user and i would i need a stick for that console. :)

aj1701

Noob
If you're good at a keyboard, i'd certainly consider Hitbox Arcade. I think though that the 360 version is not ready yet. You could build your own. If you want an actual stick though, which I find fun to use and brings back that arcade feel, Arcade in a Box makes an awesome one. http://aiabstore.com. The newest version of this stick works on ALL systems, xbox, ps3, pc so you'll be set no matter where you go. If you don't want the MK layout, that's even better because you can choose Sanwa buttons if you want, whereas MK layout limits you to Happ. Sanwas are supposed to be better (I bought some, but I haven't finishing my new hitbox like controller, so I can't say for sure). Anyway, I've got an AIAB stick, and absolutely love it. Well built very high quality, and takes the occasional pounding when online makes me salty. :)

Well i did not know about a hitbox stick, i saw the pictures and the only thing i dont like about it is how the "UP" button is placed down so u can press it with ur thumbs, my usual keyboard layout on the pc is usually "wasd" for movements, so its kind of a difficult to use my thumb for movement. :p Tho i really like this option gona look into it :)