What's new

Looking for good mk2 players to play on PSN and Mame p2p

Divine

Noob
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some good MK2 players that want to play on PSN and on Mame p2p. I used to play on Kaillera back in 04-05, and I'm pretty good. I like to use every character. I'm at a level below elite. I've been playing with Mortal_Jason on PSN for about 2 weeks, and I'm looking to find some other good players to play against.

I'm looking for good mk2 players that want to play some decent hour long sessions of MK2. I just started using an MK klassic stick for the first time two weeks ago. Even though I'm better with a pad, I'm looking to improve with the stick. I've never used macros or shit like that if anyone is wondering.

What I'm not looking for:

People outside of the U.S (Too much lag)
People that give up easily.
People that complain about any kind of tactic innate to the game
People that troll more than play
People that take the game too seriously (Not to be confused with taking competition seriously)

What I welcome:

Tough competition
People that like to use all characters to maximize match variety
People that like to play 50 matches at a time and not 10 matches at a time
Any of the old Kaillera players that know who I am and want to rekindle some old magic (no homo) :).

Last edited:

StayHighFlyGuy

All Star Fame
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some good MK2 players that want to play on PSN and on Mame p2p. I used to play on Kaillera back in 04-05, and I'm pretty good. I like to use every character. I'm at a level below elite. I've been playing with Mortal_Jason on PSN for about 2 weeks, and I'm looking to find some other good players to play against.

I'm looking for good mk2 players that want to play some decent hour long sessions of MK2. I just started using an MK klassic stick for the first time two weeks ago. Even though I'm better with a pad, I'm looking to improve with the stick. I've never used macros or shit like that if anyone is wondering.

What I'm not looking for:

People outside of the U.S (Too much lag)
People that give up easily.
People that complain about any kind of tactic innate to the game
People that troll more than play
People that take the game too seriously (Not to be confused with taking competition seriously)

What I welcome:

Tough competition
People that like to use all characters to maximize match variety
People that like to play 50 matches at a time and not 10 matches at a time
Any of the old Kaillera players that know who I am and want to rekindle some old magic (no homo) :).
Is your psn handle mkdivine? Think i played you. Anyway im just getting back into mk2 and i could use the practice. Maybe we could set up some friendly competition this weekend? Is there a way to get a group tournament going on ps3? That would be cool.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Is your psn handle mkdivine? Think i played you. Anyway im just getting back into mk2 and i could use the practice. Maybe we could set up some friendly competition this weekend? Is there a way to get a group tournament going on ps3? That would be cool.
Divine you probably won't find much competition because you're too good.
Very few advanced players will play someone better than them, because they fear losing.
Or else they just main top tier and never sway from it.

@StayHighFlyGuy- the MK2 tournament scene pretty much dried up when MK9 came in and killed it.
That and MKAK being a buggy, laggy, version of MK2 compared to the original ps3 MK2 game.
There was a $500 tournament here last year that totally balanced out the game, and made it possible for anyone to win regardless of skill.
Even with that, after months the tournament only had like 7 sign-ups.
The state of MK2 is pathetic. I'll never understand this 2014 world...

StayHighFlyGuy

All Star Fame
MK9..*sigh* It looks pretty but as soon as i noticed the uppercut was a kick button i was out. If it just had the basic control of classic mk i would be all over it. I was really excited when it came out too. Oh well..rant over. My MKAK romance is cooling down. Anyone have any ideas on how to get people on friendly to compete? Maybe like a playoff type thing? Im not advanced by any means and dont claim it. Im in it cause its fun.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
MK9..*sigh* It looks pretty but as soon as i noticed the uppercut was a kick button i was out. If it just had the basic control of classic mk i would be all over it. I was really excited when it came out too. Oh well..rant over. My MKAK romance is cooling down. Anyone have any ideas on how to get people on friendly to compete? Maybe like a playoff type thing? Im not advanced by any means and dont claim it. Im in it cause its fun.
Yep if MK9 had the control and feel of the classic MKs, it would have been epic. But new games will NEVER feel like the classics because they don't use digitized actors anymore.
So you get a bunch of cartoon-y looking characters that certainly don't look or feel real.
Always makes me LOL that technology got it right in 1993 and yet today, continues to mass produce one bomb after another.

Not sure how you could have a MKAK playoff.
I tried running tournaments and leagues in the past, but none of them ever garnered much interest.

Divine

Noob
I haven't checked this thread because nobody responded to it within a couple of days. Sorry Stayhighflyguy, yes, I am MK2_Divine. PSN wouldn't let me use "Divine" and I didn't want to add numbers to my screen name and make it look scrubby.

I've been on PSN for about a month and I can't really get anyone to play me consistently except Jason. The server is full of rage quitters, people from other countries, and trolls. The best players I've played so far are Jason, Mikecaldwell, Culongy, Billy_Bats, Mister_Voodoo, Kensi, and Gatitomaox.

I noticed there's a huge skill gap between Mortal Jason and the rest of the players. lol The most irritating part is that no players will play real sets, and some like Culongy won't even respond to messages. I just have to randomly run into the guy in ranked. The only player that will play me when I ask is Gato, but the guy is in Mexico, so the delay is atrocious.

Btw, thanks for liking my post, but not saying what's up @Konqrr. =[

Last edited: