What's new

Looking for advice for a new player who plans to get into MKX

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Some quick backstory. I was hype for MK9 on release and took 1st place at my local gamestop tourney just from practicing with scorpion on the demo (LOL). Due to poor netcode on ps3 and some time constraints I had to stop playing very early on so didnt get a chance to dive in. Im a sucker for hype so now im pumped for MKX. I got a cheap copy of MK9 komplete for pc (using ps3 pad) and I figured id just get my hands used to the combos etc.

Any tips for how to prepare for MKX or am I on the right track just trying to relearn MK9 again? I figured id just take it slow and go through every character and learn their BnB combos. We have 3 months to go anyway. I know X isnt a 9 clone but there are similar engine constants and i just need a fix.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Yeah just play MK9, maybe play some injustice too if you like as there certainly will be elements from that game in MKX too so it won't hurt. Don't worry about it too much though, just go ham when MKX arrives like the rest of us are planning on doing.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Afree with Sneaktortoise. Just practice MK9 till MKX comes out and if you really want to be hardcore, probably try and get use to the run mechanics in UMK3.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Might sound a bit stupid but you might wanna play some injustice to prepare for MKX, the mechanics are going to be quite similar, except were getting a block button :)