What's new

Looking Back to Mortal Kombat at MLG Dallas 2012 - Showcase of the "hype"

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
2012 had its ups and downs, but it will undoubtedly be one of the best years I've ever lived.

Here's to a stronger 2013!

And when will MLG Dallas announce the rest of its line-up?!?!?!?!?!?!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
2012 had its ups and downs, but it will undoubtedly be one of the best years I've ever lived.

Here's to a stronger 2013!

And when will MLG Dallas announce the rest of its line-up?!?!?!?!?!?!
DJ L Toro told me MLG dropped fighters, but I cant find any articles on it anywhere.

Edit: Yeah looks like Fighters were dropped for COD

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Poor Blake; <3 man.

Also, Cat is an absolute terror with those anti-crossup dashes.. Some of thoe don't even look possible.

I hope our community can come together again and support each other the way we did around Dallas, because there's no question in my mind that we bring it like no one else does.

Most. Hype. Game. Ever.

hold dat.

Lets be serious here: Lets say they dont drop fighters and announce today. who's going to go? it's one month away, plane tickets and hotel rooms are going to be expensive as sack. MLG definitely doesnt want to lay an egg like that. NRS and WB arent going to pay for that either. MLG was good while it lasted, but we have to move on. it's not coming back any time soon.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Lets be serious here: Lets say they dont drop fighters and announce today. who's going to go? it's one month away, plane tickets and hotel rooms are going to be expensive as sack. MLG definitely doesnt want to lay an egg like that. NRS and WB arent going to pay for that either. MLG was good while it lasted, but we have to move on. it's not coming back any time soon.
Arturo's words were: "See you guys when Injustice drops." Not that it's any kind of solid predictor or guarantee, as he might have been speaking for himself rather than MLG -- but if FG's are going to make a comeback, I'd assume it'd be at the event after this one.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Arturo's words were: "See you guys when Injustice drops." Not that it's any kind of solid predictor or guarantee, as he might have been speaking for himself rather than MLG -- but if FG's are going to make a comeback, I'd assume it'd be at the event after this one.
Maybe with Injustice they would bring it back, because that will be a mix of all communities. But when their only choices were Tekken(terrible numbers), MK9(Good numbers but nothing compared to COD) I can see why they decided to drop fighters for this event.