What's new

Locking brutalities away is a mistake

Hear me out. I understand the grind for skins, gear and intros and such. The are purely cosmetic. Brutalities on the other hand feature also a strategic element during gameplay. Lets face it, some brutalities have rather irritating requirements, klassic for example doesnt allow you to block second round which is quite a dangerous gamble. The throw ones so far require the opponent to have only a sepcific amount of health left even if said throw kills the, brutalities dont always trigger(looking at you kung lao). So far I think I unlocked a brutality on average for every character mostly through TOT. I cleared quite a lot of chests in the krypt and got handful of brutalities by grinding 5k -7k chests and I am sitting on like 800k koins but after watching Max Doods stream yesterday it seems like resetting chests doesnt give you what you need. I am tired already unlocking costumes. I only use 1 anyway. Hunting for brutalities is such a chore. What do you guys think?

Kratilim

Noob
It would be nice to get guaranteed Brutalities through the character towers if they weren't such an extreme and not-fun grind to go through. Really though.... Fck doing 75 fats and 75 brutalities, especially when they only start counting when you've paid for the tower itself.... Fck that.... I'm having a little bit of hard time accepting that I won't ever see let alone unlock a large portion of these (and there's a LOT of really good ones). To me, its like not giving you access to fatalities. Because that's what they are essentially... A more interesting way of doing fatalities. Even though I still love most regular fatalities, getting a brutality just has an extreme satisfaction to it.

So yes, locking them away is a mistake. I think they should be secret, not locked. have the community try and find them all. then when you've managed to do one, have it unlock in the move list.

I was pretty upset when I unlocked kotals second character tower to find I need 75 fatals and 75 brutalities. And I haven't been able to get kotals amplified command grab brutal to pop. I've done all the requirements and nothing man. Sucks

MR.EVL

I am you
Towers of time mode is literally designed to make this amazing game with these amazing mechanics irrelevant af. Now I don't want to play the Klassik Towers over and over since in the long run it gets too repetitive and boring.
I prefer Dragon challenges and to actually get good at punishing, kountering, flawless blocking and combo execution. ToT at it's current state is designed to steal one's time to the max and has nothing to do with the new core gameplay. At least have a good mix of the two rather than making the whole thing 4th of july grind for a fkn shader you call skin.

Towers of time mode is literally designed to make this amazing game with these amazing mechanics irrelevant af. Now I don't want to play the Klassik Towers over and over since in the long run it gets too repetitive and boring.
I prefer Dragon challenges and to actually get good at punishing, kountering, flawless blocking and combo execution. ToT at it's current state is designed to steal one's time to the max and has nothing to do with the new core gameplay. At least have a good mix of the two rather than making the whole thing 4th of july grind for a fkn shader you call skin.
I play way more practice and set up situations, its really enjoyable getting better at understanding the fundamentals, i kick serious better werent it for these stupid modifiers...cpus fatal blow triggers are pretty annoying to since they know when you kick its ass badly it switches to good old input reading which basically circumvents you strategy and you have to sit through the animation even though you know it wont matter. In a game with players its of course a different matter.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I saw that picture of max responding to a post about rating brutalities. “Maybe in a couple years”. Lol I was like wow he has a point.

A fatality or brutality should be unlocked once you do them. If I could easily unlock the ones I wanted I would have no issue “grinding” for the rest. I’m not upset when I unlock concept art, I love that kind of shit.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I honestly don't really have a problem with unlocking them. It means that I will still be seeing brutalities I've never seen before months into the game. I DO have a problem with how a lot of the brutalities I've unlocked do not work? I have tested atleast 6 brutalities that do NOT work and I've only tested like 12 in total. Thats a really bad ratio.

Question:
Can finishers still be performed even if they have not been unlocked via the Krypt or Towers grind?

Some have been saying, even before game release (shills FTW! :rolleyes:), that the second Fatalities ARE doable, even if still locked from the player's customisation profile. So, I'm wondering if this (presuming it's not just more shill flatulence) also applies to Brutalities? And if so, are there and input lists available for these moves...?

The thing is, I'm already at a diminishing returns stage of Krypt, where reloading chest does not yield anything but junk, and the Shrine only spits out gear (no longer skins). So, if the finishers are literally LOCKED from player use until acquired through grinding, I think I'll just wait until the ones I want appear in the shop or something. 'Cause I'm sure not going to perform 75 Fats and 75 Brutes just to access the next tower... It's fucking insulting for something I've already paid for to access :mad: