What's new

Local Weekly Tournament questions.

Does anyone know if there's anyway to get support to host weekly tournaments at my local arcade?

I'm in the middle of Canada and have a small group interested in MK. I'd like to keep it growing.

I used to help run weekly tournaments for a card game similar to Magic The Gathering. The company would send packages of prizes to my local hobby shop about once a month. Does anyone know if there's anyway to get any kind of support like this?

I know it's a stretch to compare the two, but i'm curious if there's any kind of support at all.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Does anyone know if there's anyway to get support to host weekly tournaments at my local arcade?

I'm in the middle of Canada and have a small group interested in MK. I'd like to keep it growing.

I used to help run weekly tournaments for a card game similar to Magic The Gathering. The company would send packages of prizes to my local hobby shop about once a month. Does anyone know if there's anyway to get any kind of support like this?

I know it's a stretch to compare the two, but i'm curious if there's any kind of support at all.
I don't think WB supports local tournaments like that, but I'd tweet at Tyler Lansdown and ask.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

what kind of support are you looking for? also where in canada are you? province?

what kind of support are you looking for? also where in canada are you? province?
I'm in Manitoba. We have the Chip Damage scene, which is mostly anime fighters.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of support I'd be looking for - was mostly curious if anything like that existed.

Anything from swag, MK coins, pot bonuses :p

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

I'm not exactly sure what kind of support I'd be looking for - was mostly curious if anything like that existed.

I'd get a hold of the sask guys. @Jimmypotato might know more about contact info

Levaranoia

War God
Yeah us sask guys sorta just do our own thing. Never thought about contacting netherrealm about swag or any of that.

haketh

Champion

I know alot of the Canada Anime guys, don't be afraid to ask those guys if you can possibly get space & to help out!