What's new

Lobo's use of the new whiff cancel tech

Yep. Thanks for the link I didn't even notice it on the main forum.

I think this is going to be one amazing tech. Definitely a metagame changer once everyone starts using it, there will be more methodical approaches.

To those whom will get on here and say "this is not new it's in MK9" or "I discovered this week one" Lets save you from wasting time with meaningless banter. I've read all 9pages (as of current) in the link provided by the OP - it is littered with those sentiments. Please let's just focus our conversation on how this can be applicable to Lobo.

Look forward to you guys putting up some good stuff. Videos I hope of Lobo using this tech on different wake ups. Especially for me, the annoying Flash flying uppercut.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Since lobo doesn't have any specials that help him evade anything I don't think this will help him at all. This worked well for me in mk9 with Raiden due to his 1 frame startup teleport which would allow me to punish some wake up attacks. But lobo doesn't have any movement specials or special properties on his specials for this to help him out. I'd say mb b3 and f3 are the best options for blowing up wakeups atm.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I've been thinking that CZR Toss would work. It cancels from d1 (b12 link) and db3 also cancels from d1, but dbf2 would lead to a combo. Haven't tested this yet, been enthralled with how fun Catwoman is to play (testing out tournament possibles).

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I've been thinking that CZR Toss would work. It cancels from d1 (b12 link) and db3 also cancels from d1, but dbf2 would lead to a combo. Haven't tested this yet, been enthralled with how fun Catwoman is to play (testing out tournament possibles).
The problem is their wakeup will hit you out of toss. Toss has no armor on it. Instead of trying to implement this, it'd be better to go for mb b3 or f3.