What's new

Lobo's pressure and seriously dangerous mixup

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I hope Tom Brady doesn't mind I borrowed his video for this. I don't play Lobo myself but I want to see some people start playing him correctly. I had this on the front page topic on this video, but I feel like this needs to be known by you guys.

!

In this video it explains that you could end up ticking your command throw. Well here's the mixup that makes this gimmick into a full fledged dangerous mixup that could either lead into some serious Superman'like pressure afterward:

The thing behind this though is that the Lobo could instead have his Nuclear Shell charged and instead go for:

2,1xxNuclear Low Shot >> into combo
instead of
2,1xxCommand Throw >> into combo

So if he predicts you'll try to escape the grab you get comboed and if he thinks you will just sit there he could MB the Command Throw into a free combo too. It's a true solid mixup. Not to forget too that blocking the Overhead then low right afterward has to be done really quick so it puts your opponent on his toes.

And Nuclear Low Shot is +2 on block and leaves you at a perfect range where most characters can't D1 you afterward and you're in perfect range for the B1 low string that is only 10frames startup that'll stuff most moves from that range. Annnnnd if you want to you are also in range for yet another 2,1 mixup.

You can't jump away or backdash the Nuclear Low Shot out of 2,1. So it's a true mixup. After the fear of getting stuffed after the Nuclear Low Shot on block you could go for your slower overhead for a mixup or jump over for a free cross up.

Just using the 2,1xxCommand Throw is a gimmick, sure. But it's allllllllllllllllllllllooooooooot more than that if you have Nuclear Shell charged.

This character ends up becoming a mixup/pressure monster if he has the fear of the Nuclear Shot charged. All his comboes lead up to huge damage and he gets relatively safe ways to start them.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Because the fact that his anti airs are so amazing, his command throw has sick range when even used raw, and his standing 3 is an amazing footsies tool, his dash forward dodges high projectiles/attacks this character literally never has to jump if he doesn't want to in a good amount of matchups.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Just 2xxCommand Throw actually lands on block too.

Just addding to the mixups. Crazy stuff.

Try backdash or jumping away on reaction to just 2 lol. Not nearly as easy to see.

EDIT:

Also 1,2 has +2 on block just like the Nuclear Low Shot and spaces out the similarly to the shot too. It creates the same mixup where the opponent is just outside of D1 range (like Superman's F23breathe) so your B1 low combo starter will stuff most attacks. This is also the range where you could start 2,1 mixup pressure.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Yeah, and if you don't have nuclear shots you can cancel the 2,1 string into db3 to get them to block low. Not very safe at all though. :(

Hitoshura

Head Cage
What is also pretty cool is if you begin pressure without a nuclear shell loaded in, you could do 12 to be plus on block then follow up with b12. Now if b12 hits you can cancel the recovery of b12 with lobo's trait and recover in time to dash/jump in and continue your assault.