What's new

Match-up Discussion Lobo No Answers Against Bane Armored Charge?

I have decided to take Lobo as my second main. Something about his fight style I am loving.

I am curious is it really this bad when facing up against Bane's armored charge?

(scrub forward to 2:41 mark)

insignis

Noob
you can try MB Hook Charge (it has 2 hits) on reaction or do MB b3 to punish it. If Bane uses much venom and his charge would hit hard I would avoid it by jumping over and wait until Bane ends up with his penalty.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Neutral or back jump over it and whiff punish with db3 or just chase him down and pressure.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
you can try MB Hook Charge (it has 2 hits) on reaction or do MB b3 to punish it. If Bane uses much venom and his charge would hit hard I would avoid it by jumping over and wait until Bane ends up with his penalty.
This, the MB b3orF3 unless he's on lvl 3 Venom, then you're screwed, it' breaks other armor with his specials, even Grundy's super :eek: But if he uses it don't be afraid to rush him down hard hard on lvl 3 cooldown, those debuffs are no joke. Don't be concerned with taking a hit or 2 as a full BnB will only do 8%ish or less on lvl 3 cooldown. You have longer range than he does with your hook, use it as much as possible. If a Bane is foolishly charging you back into a corner wait for him to charge, jump it and punish in the corner.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I wonder how when Bane ends his run faaaaaar from you. Even if he uses it on full screen he won't be in neutral jump range.
Yeah just tested it, that's not viable. I didn't realize his hitbox was so good. However you can take him to the corner and if you block it even with his plus frames it has massive startup and has no hitbox so you can jump it. If you jump over it in the corner you can use bf3 to knock him down and get a mixup.

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
I have decided to take Lobo as my second main. Something about his fight style I am loving.

I am curious is it really this bad when facing up against Bane's armored charge?

(scrub forward to 2:41 mark)

Nice video man its good to see someone commenting whilst playing, allows people like me to learn faster and have a faster understanding of specific options available against other characters. If this makes sense much like an interactive tutorial :p

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
here is a tip for any character to blow up banes charge, unless it is venomed up all three times(cuz he breaks armour) when you see him commit to the charge meter burn b3 and blow him up. this works great with lobo cuz he has some good damage off it and it hits 100% of the time cuz his back three has pretty good range unlike shazam's.

edit:sorry didnt see @LEGI0N47 post

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
another tip for fighting him is u are not pressureing when he is withdrawn from venom you do double damage with he is out of venom tht is when u must get in and capitalize. if you land one combo with lobo when he is like tht its round critical damage

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I wouldn't try playing chicken with Bane by armoring it, since he can literally venom up whenever he wants to and you end up losing meter + looking stupid. Like I said, just react to it and neutral or back jump. From my exp db3 generally punishes, otherwise you have ample time to go in and pressure him. Don't try to beat it with air normals, most will get bodied even if it isn't lvl3.

Just block it?

Just watched the vid, I dont know why you're concerned, max obv had no idea how to play lobo. Instead of jumping into bane all they time try a low chain after blocking a rush if he's spamming the charge, pretty sure it would have nabbed this bane and he could get started on the lobo vortex

Just block it?

Just watched the vid, I dont know why you're concerned, max obv had no idea how to play lobo. Instead of jumping into bane all they time try a low chain after blocking a rush if he's spamming the charge, pretty sure it would have nabbed this bane and he could get started on the lobo vortex
Cool. Sheesh, I was kind of concerned because like Max - I too have no Lobo knowledge.

But man do I got love for Lobo his chain style kung fu is bananas.
Thanks to all you guys whom provided the input. Much appreciated.

Nice video man its good to see someone commenting whilst playing, allows people like me to learn faster and have a faster understanding of specific options available against other characters. If this makes sense much like an interactive tutorial :p
Not my video, but but yea I hope Max keeps this particular series alive. Like you, I too, find this as an "let's grow together" interactive tutorial.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I wouldn't take Max's footage as gospel to what Lobo can or can't do.

His lobo is pretty..... bad.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Smart Bane's are going to just got right into another special, which will hit if you try to sky hook after a blocked charge. Best thing is to neutral jump or jump back, land and low sky hook, imo. Anything else and you're playing into his game.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
That was discussed earlier: he can bring venom to level 3 if they see you're going to armor it while he's charging. That's not worth the risk at all. Shoulder charge hurts..