What's new

Lobo jumping d.3 glitch?

chowdizzle

Time for the Bland Salami!

Was Keits right to ban Lobo at UFGT?! :0

Alright I've figured it out, the answer is yes you can make this ambiguously cross up at will and it will be 95% unreactible for your opponent also depending on how fast you can get your j.d3 out. Here's what you do, if you j.d3 them while they are in the corner you can neutral jump or jump out of the corner. If you neutral jump you will go behind them but if you jump out then you will be in front of them. Even if you cancel your jump into j.d3 on the very first frame possible it will still go in front or behind. When done correctly it is basically unseeable.

The best part about this is that it can be hard for certain characters to wake up against this and with you ambiguously switching sides in a split second it can also make it impossible for them to get the right input AND his j.d3 sets up a big part of Lobo's game.

On the right side of each stage (or at least all the ones I tested and it was at least 6) you'll run into the glitch where jumping towards the corner will make you jump out. However as long as you have an eye out for it you can still make this just as impossible to block.

I've found the right side of Wayne Manor Exterior most consistently has the glitch situation where basically any time you j.d3 them there jumping towards the corner will force you out. Other stages however (docks of Themyscira) require your opponent to be DIRECTLY in the corner with no space to spare.

Abuse it til it's patched boys.

Have you tried taking a slight step back when you were using his jd.3 in the right corner to see if it fixes the weird jump? :V

chowdizzle

Have you tried taking a slight step back when you were using his jd.3 in the right corner to see if it fixes the weird jump? :V
That works but I think it's a bigger problem for the defending player than the offensive player. If this works how I think it does then this is extremely abusable. I'd abuse the crap out of it. Neutral jump 2 in this situation will cross up every time and land you command grab combos where you put them back in the corner and start the nonsense right back up.

That works but I think it's a bigger problem for the defending player than the offensive player. If this works how I think it does then this is extremely abusable. I'd abuse the crap out of it. Neutral jump 2 in this situation will cross up every time and land you command grab combos where you put them back in the corner and start the nonsense right back up.
Oh no doubt about that I was merely asking about how one corner puts him in a different position than the other.

Unless the character has armor or an invul wake up this could be incredibly lame to deal with against Lobo >>

Sublime

Stop blocking my hits with your face!
I noticed same thing when i started mess w Lobo but i dont have recording device, nice somebody accually posting this o/

I think its like that in any given fighting game
Not like this, though. This is a classic glitch in MK9 and it's been brought over pretty much exactly from that game. This seems to be a very fundamental "bug" that NRS is either unable or didn't think necessary to fix.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Not like this, though. This is a classic glitch in MK9 and it's been brought over pretty much exactly from that game. This seems to be a very fundamental "bug" that NRS is either unable or didn't think necessary to fix.
Well I know the weird jumping thing is. I'm talking about how players have their own corner where the other person can't jump into the corner if that player is already in it.

chowdizzle

could it be because of the stage transition is on that side?
I tested to see if it was only in transition corners but it's not the case. It's on the right side of any stage. For some reason it's only the right side and never the left.