What's new

Tech LK Frame trap + chip damage (Trait)

LEGEND

YES!
When in trait Lightning Kick is actually plus rather than -5, so plus in fact that your opponent wont be able to interrupt repeated uses of it. I you do nothing but LK right after the start of trait you should be able to get in 6-7 of them before trait runs out.

Since LK does a whopping 2.25% chip on block you can deal a solid amount of guaranteed damage before going for a 50/50. And if your opponent tries to jump out at any time the LK will hit and start a very high damage juggle

Of course Flash's trait can just be pushblocked. So this is only useful when your opponent has no meter, but still, i think this is very good if you happen to catch them with say a B22 or something and they have no meter since you can cancel directly into trait and just go to town on them

Also you will gain at least a bar of meter just from the Blocked LKs

Just a little something to keep in mind i guess

Zyphox
DGOD PSYCHO

@Whoever else is still playing flash
-
Edit: Btw i'll be putting more time into flash these days so expect more to come

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
When in trait Lightning Kick is actually plus rather than -5, so plus in fact that your opponent wont be able to interrupt repeated uses of it. I you do nothing but LK right after the start of trait you should be able to get in 6-7 of them before trait runs out.

Since LK does a whopping 2.25% chip on block you can deal a solid amount of guaranteed damage before going for a 50/50. And if your opponent tries to jump out at any time the LK will hit and start a very high damage juggle

Of course Flash's trait can just be pushblocked. So this is only useful when your opponent has no meter, but still, i think this is very good if you happen to catch them with say a B22 or something and they have no meter since you can cancel directly into trait and just go to town on them

Also you will gain at least a bar of meter just from the Blocked LKs

Just a little something to keep in mind i guess

Zyphox
DGOD PSYCHO

@Whoever else is still playing flash
-
Edit: Btw i'll be putting more time into flash these days so expect more to come
good shit taking down aris, and without OTG's or 60% bnb's too :) i knew i would have bodied aris for free since he didn't know the MU, very good stuff, also i will be using this, i always thought about doing this but i get pushblocked out of trait so much, but i guess if they ever buff the flash and give him less of a cooldown, or they simply make it so that if you get super'd or calsh that you lose you cooldown, it would benefit him more, escepically using this, because as of now if you do this in the second round, and they push block then you they can clash your combo if you hit them and you lose you cooldown and potentially have to wait 40 seconds for 60+ % BnB's and infinites and frame traps.

Zyphox

So b22 on hit trait LK? Or is the b22 trait that safe on block you do a LK?
noooooo lol nothing you can link into trait is ever safe except for MB sonic pound,
this video will explain your safe trait option on block and his infinites and all that.

LEGEND

YES!
So b22 on hit trait LK? Or is the b22 trait that safe on block you do a LK?
if you were to use B22-trait to get this started you'd probably want to start the LK trapt by linking D1 to LK. The frame advantage off of B22-trait isn't good enough to guarantee LK by itself

MashBot

You're over matched.
I just understand how he was getting to the trait and then LK cause I know the trait cancel is punishable off b22

I am curious to see how easy/hard it would be to punish wakeup options while traited. The reason I ask is if it is indeed easy. You could use trait as an anti wakeup and if they don't do anything you should be able to stuff anything they throw out and proceed to LK chip to mixup at the end. What that would mean is a guaranteed 10-15% chip to mixup opportunity. Flashes trait would be quite powerful if this is indeed possible.

LEGEND

YES!
I am curious to see how easy/hard it would be to punish wakeup options while traited. The reason I ask is if it is indeed easy. You could use trait as an anti wakeup and if they don't do anything you should be able to stuff anything they throw out and proceed to LK chip to mixup at the end. What that would mean is a guaranteed 10-15% chip to mixup opportunity. Flashes trait would be quite powerful if this is indeed possible.
i've also wondered if wake-up frames are effected by trait. if they are then trait could be used to get guaranteed pressure after a knockdown

This might be really good

Yes the trait itself is quite devastating when I accidently drop a combo and am stuck in trait. or when I go for setups and miss. I wish we had someone with exact data on how trait affects frames. Also, sorry did not mean to hijack the forum to talk about Flash trait.

Ah . . . something cool that Zyphox's video showed but maybe didn't realize. So assuming you got a hard target (good blocking) you can mb sonic trait to the kicks. Seems like a waste, but if you can get 6 kicks in I think that rebuilds most of the meter and then leads back into a mix up which you can MB for 40%ish. So what that means is you can basically frontload your extra damage you normally get from trait. Since a good combo does 60% you are getting about 12% + mix up opportunity that you would normally not get against some targets. Only problem I see is if people see this too much the will block escape immediately.

So tested and you gain meter for doing this that more than makes up for it. Also it's still easy to hit confirm if pound hits.

Zyphox

i've also wondered if wake-up frames are effected by trait. if they are then trait could be used to get guaranteed pressure after a knockdown

This might be really good
by the time injustice 2 comes out is when you opponent can wake up on knockdown while in trait LOL so in this video you can Real otg's from some knockdowns so we should experiment with this and see what we can get.