What's new

Liu Kangs Wake Up EX Parry Fluke

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I dont know if this is common knowledge but ill post it anyway.

Over the last couple of days i have been playing with TEST YOUR MIGHT And he has been using Liu kang a hell of alot. Over a period of time we kept coming across this one situation that just consistantly kept happening. I would get him with a knock down, go for a crossover punch with CSZ and when i go to attack he does his EX parry or parry. When my hit connects it doesnt get parried, instead the invincibility from the wake up kicks in and grants me continued pressure without getting countered.

Why in the hell does he have a parry on wake up if it wont parry what im doing. He might just be doing this wrong or we might just be seeing things but if anyone else has seen this please confirm.

It seems that the wake up invincibility frames kick in and overlap the frames where the parry is active.

Liu kang's parry has 8 frames of start up. My guess is you did a jip on one of these 8 frames. The second hit likely landed when the parry was done.

Shit maybe it's 9 frames of start up, frame data has me confused since it has in brackets (start up).

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The parry is active extremely late in the animation, and wakeup invincibility does what it does...

Kinda stupid, yeah, but meh.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
The parry is active extremely late in the animation, and wakeup invincibility does what it does...

Kinda stupid, yeah, but meh.
Sucks for Liu

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

I dont know if this is common knowledge but ill post it anyway.

Over the last couple of days i have been playing with TEST YOUR MIGHT And he has been using Liu kang a hell of alot. Over a period of time we kept coming across this one situation that just consistantly kept happening. I would get him with a knock down, go for a crossover punch with CSZ and when i go to attack he does his EX parry or parry. When my hit connects it doesnt get parried, instead the invincibility from the wake up kicks in and grants me continued pressure without getting countered.
I don't want to play this fucking game anymore T_T

Edit: He also used tech that I was completely aware of how it works and there was fuck all I could do to get out unless I used a bar or I willingly missed a bicycle kick that would most likely get me shafted.

AssassiN

Noob
Been having issues with wake-up parry as well, the invincibility gets priority instead of the parry itself.
That's the only decent wake-up attack Liu has and it doesn't even work correctly :(.

Sometimes the parry just whiffs even tough it wasn't a wake-up attack, maybe it's time for an instant parry?

Been having issues with wake-up parry as well, the invincibility gets priority instead of the parry itself.
That's the only decent wake-up attack Liu has and it doesn't even work correctly :(.

Sometimes the parry just whiffs even tough it wasn't a wake-up attack, maybe it's time for an instant parry?
Low fireball is a good wake up move too.