What's new

Liu Kang's Uppercut...Weird Hitbox

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I simply cannot wrap my mind around this character's uppercut. It has godlike speed, but clearly doesn't reach very far.

You're probably wondering what I'm talking about, so here's an example of a scenario:

I'm playing Liu Kang against this Kabal player. He has less than 10% health left, I have a plentiful amount. He throws out a naked Nomad Dash, I block it and go for the uppercut for an immediate win...but the uppercut somehow whiffs even though I am clearly in attack range.

This has also happened when I played a Liu Kang mirror match and I tried to punish a Flying Kick with the uppercut. It whiffed again!

It works well as an anti-air, but for some reason it doesn't do well against grounded opponents, especially when you have a clear chance to punish with it just in case you don't have enough faith in your execution ability for a combo and you want to go for a sure win.

Do any of you know what the deal is?

I simply cannot wrap my mind around this character's uppercut. It has godlike speed, but clearly doesn't reach very far.

You're probably wondering what I'm talking about, so here's an example of a scenario:

I'm playing Liu Kang against this Kabal player. He has less than 10% health left, I have a plentiful amount. He throws out a naked Nomad Dash, I block it and go for the uppercut for an immediate win...but the uppercut somehow whiffs even though I am clearly in attack range.

This has also happened when I played a Liu Kang mirror match and I tried to punish a Flying Kick with the uppercut. It whiffed again!

It works well as an anti-air, but for some reason it doesn't do well against grounded opponents, especially when you have a clear chance to punish with it just in case you don't have enough faith in your execution ability for a combo and you want to go for a sure win.

Do any of you know what the deal is?
Since there are chars like Reptile, Scorpion, Kabal that got some how glitchy uppercuts that hityou even if they dont even touch you and even hit from alomost 1 body distance into the air they get you. Maybe this is the counter part even if Liu gets you he wont hit iv seen this before also whit Shang on a rollball from Kano.

Red Son

Noob
Try to punish with b312. It does more damage and It'll hit more often than the uppercut. I feel that kabal's ND have a little pushback that destroys the range of kang's uppercut.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Try to punish with b312. It does more damage and It'll hit more often than the uppercut. I feel that kabal's ND have a little pushback that destroys the range of kang's uppercut.
Yes, I know it can be punished with b3 1 2 and leads to more damage. My simple question is why the uppercut fails when Liu Kang is clearly within range for it to hit.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Honestly theres no good answer. Netherrealm did a great job on a great many things, but hitboxes wasnt really one of them. Its an "oh well nothing we can do about it" kinda situation. I stay away from uppercuts in general.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I just realized why I instinctively do not use the uppercut at all.