What's new

Liu Kang or Johnny Cage?

Cibernetico

Kombatant
I've been playing this game for 2 weeks now and was wondering who is the better character out of these two? Reason I ask is because the few times I have gone online, they both seem to be played almost identical. I'm sure it's just some crazy coincidence or maybe it's just the online playstyle going into effect.

But anyways, which of the two is the better?

redeyes

Button Masher
it all depends on how you play i believe people will say cage is better since his frame trap is god like and his nut punch resets are very very nice. but liu can zone if hes needs too. they both have their ups and downs. but it all comes preference my friend.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Liu Kang is better than Cage. Cage is worthless if he can not get in and once your opponents understand the Cage gimmicks he really struggles. Liu Kang is solid everywhere on the screen and has almost the same rush down presence as Cage up close.

Liu Kang is better overall according to tier lists that sum up matchups with the entire cast.

Johnny Cage has a lot of bad matchups where it's extremely difficult for him to get in.

HangNail

TrevarThePastor
Cages good match ups are EXTREMELY good. But his bad ones are awful. Liu only has a hard time with a few of the cast but he can get around easier. But when cage is on his a-game, he's unstoppable. But liu then again has more versatility. So it's all preference.