What's new

Match-up Discussion - Cryomancer Liu Kang mad safe normals in neutral vs. sub?

At first I thought it was me because I'm still learning. But after watching Maximillian damn near lose to this button mashing dude, I figured, well, shit. It's not totally me.

Watch the entire match. Starts @5:00 mark. Then respond. This is crazy. I would like to know what Sub normals beat some of this chaotic Liu Kang stuff:

i didn realize just how much hitstun B1,2 gave...watching him take that into B+2? damn. tho it was a total waste of meter to do that xray when you can do just as much meterless with cryo.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I've known this since I first hit the game. ALL his strings are pretty awesome on hit or block, he has a 5 frame jab and it basically means you got pressure for days.

I've known this since I first hit the game. ALL his strings are pretty awesome on hit or block, he has a 5 frame jab and it basically means you got pressure for days.
ive known about the jab (neutral 1 right) but not about the B+1,2 hti stun length, i knew it was long, but not long enough to link into B+2.

Goddamm!! Well fellas, as Sub mainers, we need to get to work here. Lmao!! That shit is pretty intense online.

Liu Kang has become public enemy number one for me. Any suggestions on what we can do to over come such things?

I'm definitely hitting up practice mode and putting AI on record, but, I would like to see what you guys come up with on here.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
The five frame jab was removed.
It was changed to six and then 1 more frame was added to all frame data in the game, so it says seven now.

Well it looks to me like the sub player wasn't used to Liu Kang MU. He didn't even capitlise thos flying kicks. GM sub destroys Liu Kang. Low pokes all d3 and d4 then clone and trade balls or bait that EX moves to punish him for them.Walk in the park for GM sub. Should be easy enough for UB sub and I suppose bit more tricky for Cryo since lacks defensive tools to shut down Kang's rushdown.