What's new

General/Other - Raiden Lightning and Bolt(ex lightning) bug

So I was in the lab experimenting with Thunder God Raiden and his strings and the ex lightning bolt(fireball). I was trying to figure out a way to stop the ball and set it in front of someone in the corner and then combo into the lightning bolt that was still paused in mid-air in front of them.

I noticed that if you stop the bolt just as it is about to him them, it will hit twice.. as in once for the actual lightning ball, and again for the paused ball. The regular EX Bolt does 7% damage. The paused EX Bolt does 12%.. but together, if you time it right, it does somewhere between 13% and 18% damage. This isn't very hard to pull off and I would consider this useful in a few combos and matchups, particularly Grandmaster Subby. You can pause it right as it hits the clone, and it will break the clone AND still be paused in place(as the projectile is hitting the clone, and then you are "creating" a second, static projectile trap)

Another application for this is to set up a trap directly in front of a turtling enemy. You would stop it right as it hits them, and they will block the projectile, and the paused projectile trap will still appear.

Here's a video.

Last edited:

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
So I was in the lab experimenting with Thunder God Raiden and his strings and the ex lightning bolt(fireball). I was trying to figure out a way to stop the ball and set it in front of someone in the corner and then combo into the lightning bolt that was still paused in mid-air in front of them.

I noticed that if you stop the bolt just as it is about to him them, it will hit twice.. as in once for the actual lightning ball, and again for the paused ball. The regular EX Bolt does 7% damage. The paused EX Bolt does 12%.. but together, if you time it right, it does somewhere between 13% and 18% damage. This isn't very hard to pull off and I would consider this useful in a few combos and matchups, particularly Grandmaster Subby. You can pause it right as it hits the clone, and it will break the clone AND still be paused in place(as the projectile is hitting the clone, and then you are "creating" a second, static projectile trap)

Another application for this is to set up a trap directly in front of a turtling enemy. You would stop it right as it hits them, and they will block the projectile, and the paused projectile trap will still appear.

Here's a video.

yeah i posted somehting like taht.
u can also do a F12B2 (hard knockdown) into a EX fireball/bolt with massive advantage which should stuff wakeups.

yeah i posted somehting like taht.
u can also do a F12B2 (hard knockdown) into a EX fireball/bolt with massive advantage which should stuff wakeups.
oh nice! i didn't find it when i searched the forum so i went ahead and posted. i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed.

Albo

Noob
This is so good. It makes it risky for anyone to trade with or zone raiden since he can get 30-40% juggle from full screen bolt on hit by running in.

Here's a video.

How are you getting the paused projectile to stay in front of a blocked opponent after they block the first? When I try both bolts hit/chip the opponent when blocked.

Still I guess you can tell if they going to block or trade so you choose to stop it in front of them for free pressure/b2

SEV

Noob
Was messing around with this off of corner resets yesterday.

If you end your meterless or 1 bar bnb in the corner with B14 into ex fireball and then pause it immediately(had a very hard time executing consistently) you get a similar scenario but the orb will sit behind them and they will still get hit by the ex fireball part of the attack.

Was going to lab it a bit more today.