What's new

Li Mei General Discussion

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah the puppet stuff is pretty lethal in the corner its just hard to set up. B34 D+K (buffer 3) then you can press any button you want as per above armour break combo. Do a string into projectile then puppet 4 and youre plus.

@Pan1cMode do you have a grab combo that doesnt require ex bf1 mid screen
There is one but it only does 150 without the ex bf1

Grab, b+k, b+k, b+k, bf4

Go for the Kameo when Li Mei’s leg connects with the opponent.

Wigy

There it is...
There is one but it only does 150 without the ex bf1

Grab, b+k, b+k, b+k, bf4

Go for the Kameo when Li Mei’s leg connects with the opponent.
yeah im doing that now too.

it seems like theres no reliable way to set up the puppet from her strings which is a bummer. You need to sacrifice a tonne of damage or land a f43/b34

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
yeah im doing that now too.

it seems like theres no reliable way to set up the puppet from her strings which is a bummer. You need to sacrifice a tonne of damage or land a f43/b34
Yeah, I’m gonna experiment more when I’m home to see if I can find more setups in the corner. Right now everything just sacrifices so much damage and because she’s hitting for 45-50%+, I’m loath to drop 35% guaranteed for a setup.

I haven’t tried it much but midscreen I think there might be some use in summon into shadow kick, followed by bf1 into full/mid screen pressure with kameo s3/s1. Might provide approach options and help get Li Mei in to continue her pressure.

Wigy

There it is...
So peacemaker feels basically unwinnable if they’re competent. His shield needs a huge nerf. It should have at least 15frames more recovery and last 70% current duration.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So peacemaker feels basically unwinnable if they’re competent. His shield needs a huge nerf. It should have at least 15frames more recovery and last 70% current duration.
Yup. It’s one of the harder matchups for sure.

He forces approaches, and out ranges you, and does pretty decent damage.

I’ll need to play it more but it feels like a struggle at the moment.

Wigy

There it is...
Yup. It’s one of the harder matchups for sure.

He forces approaches, and out ranges you, and does pretty decent damage.

I’ll need to play it more but it feels like a struggle at the moment.
yeah i played a long set with my friend, with jax hes a nightmare. You have to take an obscene amount of chip to get in and then he will probably have a full bar. Also just have to hold the ground pound+ex gun.

f3 is more important in this matchup than others i have found. If you can corner him its possible to win, my friend would do jax ground pound into teleport to get out the corner which was infuriating.

Wigy

There it is...
@Pan1cMode

In the corner with janet, not sure if you have better.

Though only 50 extra damage for the kameo so maybe not worth it.

FYI you can consistently combo off ex db4 if you do it as a reverse instant air up close.

wait til her foot is on the floor after first part then f+Kx2 it’s

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@Pan1cMode

In the corner with janet, not sure if you have better.

Though only 50 extra damage for the kameo so maybe not worth it.

FYI you can consistently combo off ex db4 if you do it as a reverse instant air up close.

wait til her foot is on the floor after first part then f+Kx2 it’s
That’s sick. Love the damage

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile

This guy is always insane with Li Mei
Blew my mind with some of those combos. I unfortunately don't have the lab time to get that fluent but man. That's how I want to play. That's awesome. I do wish that Janet wasn't the best kameo by a longshot though, seems the game is always lacking kameo variety. We have a healthy variety of mains these days though

mrapchem

Noob
Bad matchups for Li Mei/Scorpion I would say are Mileena, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Ashrah, Sindel, Kitana, Baraka, Tanya, Reiko, Peacemaker. All these can either outzone Li Mei and/or make her struggle upclose.

Her good matchup is against Nitara imo.
Add Sub-Zero to that list. Sub can lame her out, slide under projectiles on reaction and S2, D3, B3 and F12 to death.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Blew my mind with some of those combos. I unfortunately don't have the lab time to get that fluent but man. That's how I want to play. That's awesome. I do wish that Janet wasn't the best kameo by a longshot though, seems the game is always lacking kameo variety. We have a healthy variety of mains these days though
I feel the ideal kameo is either Janet or Khameleon in almost every situation.

Scorpion has basically been superseded by Janet.

Sub zero, Kung Lao, frost, Shujinko, all offer unique things for Li Mei; and I feel can be viable. Just think Janet or Khameleon are almost the best choice.

Add Sub-Zero to that list. Sub can lame her out, slide under projectiles on reaction and S2, D3, B3 and F12 to death.
I feel taking into account her kameo options, she probably loses the following:
  • Ashrah
  • Tanya
  • Kitana
  • Reiko
  • Mileena
I feel like she beats
  • Barraka
  • Nitara
Everyone else I feel is probably even. Pre patch I would’ve said she loses against peace maker quite handily, but post patch it feels more manageable.

Wigy

There it is...
Reasonable buff requests-

124 whiffing issues fixed
21 -1 on block
B34 now +1 on block but the gap has to be armoured.

less reasonable buff request

I would like a db4 redesign.
Db4 has close medium far versions.
Close stays completely stationary
Medium is default
Far- it wouldnt change the range much, unless you’re high on a jump arc where it would be more noticable.

I’d like this to give it a bit more complexity and utility outside of just instant air.

rifraf

Noob
I would like a db4 redesign.
In terms of frame buffs, the only one I feel strongly about is airdb4 being safe on block. There's no logical reason why Li Mei is getting full combo punished if she throws one out. Is it a powerful move? Yes, but I would argue is a character staple. Is it spammable? No. And even if you "spam" it somehow, the reward is nothing special, plus you're still losing your turn even IF it's safe on block.

rifraf

Noob
That's some really cool gameplay. Some takeaways. Rewind hasn't used b3, b34 once against Ermac, which is the first time I see a Li Mei player not using at all. His movement is top class and his reactions are unreal. Very good zoning as well. I loved seeing Li Mei's projectiles being used more. It does makes you think if a player invests enough time mastering EXdb3, db3 punishing how insane of a character Li Mei can be. Caution, this is not Barraka level of execution though as we can clearly see, even players like Rewind consistently fail to punish with an EXdb3.

Having said that, I'm not sure how familiar is Unjust with the matchup since he got completely steamrolled during the first 3 matches. Also, he consistently failed to punish the back to back 12, 12 links Rewind was throwing out, amongst other things.