What's new

Level Up! - The Path of Sages so far (GLoR's musings at the 3rd decade)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I was born in Budapest, Hungary. I grew up in a problem family, but who didn't. Bitching about it never solved anything so I went and got shit done. I was a fat little boyo and got picked on a whole lot and getting out of the hostile environment of school I got into the hostile environment of the parents' house. Notice how I didn't call it a home - it wasn't, until I made it into one. By the age of 14 I was the voice of reason in the house, by the age of 16 I was ready to fight for what I thought was right in life. And boy, did I have to. I went to a high-school that was in one of those so-called "transitioning periods" (ie: drugs, fights, alcohol-drenched teachers and often students too etc.) and because of being too busy to bother, I failed tenth grade in two subjects. That was an eye opener.
Changed schools, showed what I'm made of. Got accepted into two of the most prominent universities, had to pick one.
When making choices, I never went the easy way. So, I picked what I thought would be fun rather than what'd get me a whole lot of money. Communications instead of Law. I was never good at sitting my ass and memorizing instead of going ahead and understanding the subjects I am being given. So I would study.
But shit hit the fan and my mother got taken to hospital, shortly after my engagement broken because a relationship where I carried the whole shit on my back often literally didn't make it through the trials of responsibility and duty and hardship.

I've always read a lot. At the age of four I was taught to read and write, and by the age of ten I've read more books than had meals. I would read anything from Sigmund Freud to Marvel or DC comicbooks, and that is where my love for the heroes came from.
Power - responsibility. Everybody knows this punchline and for me, it became an oath, alongside the promise on the dying bed of my 90 year old great-grandfather who raised his nine siblings alone during his teens, orphaned, and having seen most of the horrors the 20th century could offer.
"Promise me you'll never give up, boy. That is all I need to know, that you will never give up."
I'm still at it, great gramps.
Take a look at me now.

TL;DR: I'm 30 today and no regrets.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Good shit, yo. I love this kind of thing, I feel as if you need some badass piece of artwork to show how far you've come and how hard you've worked. Keep being a good guy, GLoRToR. I'm glad to have read this and learned more about you