What's new

Let's Optimize GL Further!

JDM

Noob
Mb turbine might be the worst mb move in injustice. And it's hard to make turbine anymore useless. You m ow you're desperate when you're using air turbine to get in.
Ground turbine properly spaced is godlike, though. No whiff recovery. Can punish full screen jumps with TurbinexxLM

LEGEND

YES!
Try it. If you they block B13 at the edge of B1's phantom hitbox there is no gap between B1 and 3

@Fred Marvel

It is also unsafe for anyone to backdash B13, and if they are scouting it then they aren't moving either. I honestly prefer it to be backdashable

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Guys...no one here has really revealed ground breaking tech yet... i think ill actually make a video for green lanterns setups. All of them even though the optimal setup as of now is b1,3,4
Lift (crossup not crossup. Even i dont know when its going to cross up)

Ok but guys i think i found new tech. Go ahead and blow it up but ot works for me.

Raw MB lift B3 ji3 2,2,3, turbine boom wow your in reach for a instant b1,3, but wait what if your opponent isn't retarded? Why just f2,D1! Whats that? It's the shittist combo he has? Mix it up with F2 B1! Still shitty?

-glass breaking noises-

BREAKTHROUGH (i hope) TIME

Raw lift MB, B3, Ji3

Uno dos tres

Turbine

Youre now in range for a F3 or B1. Boom true 50/50

But great one what if they techroll? They akwardly roll towards your character model and green lantern sorta just stares at him.

Anyways if this is real tech give me a high five. If not im gonna go back to being delusional and keep studying for test tomorow

LEGEND

YES!
Almost everyone i've ever fought can block the F3/B1 50/50 on reaction

the frame data is deceptive here. It says that F3 comes out in 18 Frames (iirc) but thats when the move becomes active, the active frames start when GL's legs are still facing the sky and take a few more to actually reach anyone standing (or in this case ducking) in front of you. So in reality people have 20 frames or more to react to the most obvious animation known to man. sucks
-
F2 mix-ups are pretty good, definitely needs to get more mileage

When fighting characters that out zone us, we should end combos in b233 to push them to the corner and either turbine in or dash forward twice.

And with characters we out zone end in b233 trait rocket power. You build a lot of meter before they get in again.

Last edited:

LEGEND

YES!
When fighting characters that out zone us, we should end combos in b233 to push them to the corner and either turbine in or dash forward twice.
i like this thought. not much use in keeping them close when you have no mix-ups

though the traited lift mix-ups should probably take priority over this if possible

The standard f3 b1 TLM hasn't been that effective for me as of lately. What I have been doing lately is after traited lift walk forward slightly then jump forward, landing in the middle of there body and then doing f3. But you have to know which side your gonna land. It's a gimmick though.

Honestly GLs oki game isn't good against alot of the cast. As kingjamez said ending in the most preferable string is great against alot of the zoners. I still feel people need to use trait more for the extra effects rather than just in combos. Ia oa rockets and minigun are amazing against specific characters

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

And with characters we out zone end in b233 trait rocket power. You build a lot of meter before they get in again.
this is a good idea but id say matchup dependant, i might go for a setup depending who im against or might not want to be in the corner, and b233 isnt as consistent to land as other enders, but i agree with pushing away those we can outzone and i end in trait minigun usually, not a fan of rocket power
The standard f3 b1 TLM hasn't been that effective for me as of lately. What I have been doing lately is after traited lift walk forward slightly then jump forward, landing in the middle of there body and then doing f3. But you have to know which side your gonna land. It's a gimmick though.
i jump or dash sometimes if they can see it walking, with the jump you dont have to walk forward it changes from crossup to non crossup depending on how long you wait to jump

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Try it. If you they block B13 at the edge of B1's phantom hitbox there is no gap between B1 and 3

@Fred Marvel

It is also unsafe for anyone to backdash B13, and if they are scouting it then they aren't moving either. I honestly prefer it to be backdashable
ahh i think i see what youre saying, but thats character dependant, flying characters like Superman can backdash from any range havent checked others yet, wowo mmh probably could too
idk what you mean by its unsafe for them to backdash, if superman does it he gets a full combo punish, if you mean b1 rocket and minigun gimmicks those are just gimmicks

Ok, as always I'm late to the party, but still utilizing mbor is a big part of gl's game. Especially when whiffing and avoiding a big punish.
Spending that bar on whiff can avoid a big punish because of the less recovery it gives.

And for people who can react to the 50/50 try to mix it up with a throw. It doesn't work on characters who got teleport on wake up but still, it's a good mix up.