What's new

Let Us Not Forget (How Injustice 1 Was Revealed to Us)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If you weren't here for this, this happened:

Let us never forget. Ah, the good old days :rolleyes:

Also this:

Taryn Southern, wherever you are, you served valiantly and will be remembered.

Now for you youngins, we had about a year of trying to catch little clips in the background of NRS employees talking about the game. Like this: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58809/injustice-gods-among-us-e3-gameplay-demo/

We'd replay little sections of the video over and over trying to see what was going on behind Ed Boon's head.

We depended on analysis and salient info from people like the great CD Jr.:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/dmg-cd-jrs-nycc-injustice-impressions.24561/
the throwing system in the game is kinda like mk is 2 buttons to grab but i didnt really mess around with it cause i was told they are still working on throws cause you cant even tech them yet but as of now it feels like a regular grab from sf or mk. overall the game feels like a mix of mk9 and sf4 but hey thats just my opinion. Oh and that rumor that its a button to jump? who ever started that shit should go kill himself.

And we used to have people take blurry camera photos of the movelists from the show floor:

So that we could try to figure out what tools the characters had.

Then there was that first legitimate Russian tournament gameplay where we attempted to watch The Great Kingusha play Injustice in a shaky video with no screen cap, to try to glean some information about the game (dat legendary Russian Harley Quinn, though):

Some of the earliest extended gameplay footage we saw looked like this:

That's right -- since we didn't have actual tourney-level gameplay streams of the game until the March before release, a lot of us had to guess at how the game would play by watching ripped attract mode footage from the show floor demo builds. A lot of these exhibitions were from other continents (this one was from Dubai).

You kids have it great now, with your Kombat Kasts and Betas and ESL Fatal 8's -- but never forget where we came from ;)

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
You forgot about the french tournament that was just flashes doing that 1,3,3 string over and over again that was a herald of things to come. Truly legendary gun jumping.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
You forgot about the french tournament that was just flashes doing that 1,3,3 string over and over again that was a herald of things to come. Truly legendary gun jumping.
Lol, what was that group called again? I remember Kayane went to go play with them.

Was it Team Finish Him?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Dude. Yes.

I wasn't into the competitive scene yet but I was a lurker on TYM for that shit.

We can't really complain about the subtle hints that Boon drops because it used to be nothing but speculative and vague as shit.