What's new

Let Us All Appreciate Our Homie Noob

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Don't get me wrong, some people may be doing it for that reason. But I feel like the vast majority of people who white knight so-to-speak don't do it because they're looking for a torrent of wet pussy to rain down on them; they're doing it because they see women as people, and not objects. :D

The whole "white knights are in it only for da pussy" is what happens when those individuals that can't conceive
of women as anything more than a pair of tits similarly can't fathom how anyone could see women as anything else, and therefore surmise and spread the notion that the aforementioned knights must have some ulterior motive for sticking up for women. :)
Interesting bit of psychology that has cropped up in gaming communities as a whole for a while now and I don't feel bad bringing it up since it ties in with OP here. As society has changed and generations of Gamers were brought up in new and different ways we have gotten away from a lot of what made the hobby special it feels like. We drift further towards this entitlement and instant gratification mindset with games these days. My language was a little strong, but I just get so tired of it all.

Here's the lineup:
  1. NRS doesn't owe any of us anything. Backed by WB and with the popularity their games have been getting recently, whether we like the art direction, the roster, the character designs, the mechanics, the sound design, costumes, all of it is irrelevant. MK11 is going to drop like my fat uncle Al doing a can opener at a pool party and it will undoubtedly do well.
  2. Cassie is still going to make you suck Ls down like twinkies so who cares if you're not happy that the big bad SJWs came and dun stole your tiddy bikinis: You're getting caged and replay saved for montages to Benny Hill at a later date anyway, so smile, would'ja? While you've got something to smile about.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Interesting bit of psychology that has cropped up in gaming communities as a whole for a while now and I don't feel bad bringing it up since it ties in with OP here. As society has changed and generations of Gamers were brought up in new and different ways we have gotten away from a lot of what made the hobby special it feels like. We drift further towards this entitlement and instant gratification mindset with games these days. My language was a little strong, but I just get so tired of it all.

Here's the lineup:
  1. NRS doesn't owe any of us anything. Backed by WB and with the popularity their games have been getting recently, whether we like the art direction, the roster, the character designs, the mechanics, the sound design, costumes, all of it is irrelevant. MK11 is going to drop like my fat uncle Al doing a can opener at a pool party and it will undoubtedly do well.
  2. Cassie is still going to make you suck Ls down like twinkies so who cares if you're not happy that the big bad SJWs came and dun stole your tiddy bikinis: You're getting caged and replay saved for montages to Benny Hill at a later date anyway, so smile, would'ja? While you've got something to smile about.
I legitimately lol'd when I read this.

I like you. :)

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
To be fair in this particular line of reasoning, though, muscles are in of themselves often very attractive to females. I'm not disagreeing with you, but it seems slightly disingenuous to the argument to ignore that well-built men are sexy as well as badass. Most of the girls I know melt over abs on a guy, and if it's not the abs it's the arms.

:(
Yes but historically a man's worth to society has almost never been tied to his appearance, whereas for a woman the exact opposite has been true in many cultures for many hundreds of years.

You can't erase that kind of historic, cultural, and almost certainly biological, baggage with a few decades of something resembling legal parity between the sexes. I know girls - smart, educated, extremely well intentioned - who sincerely question that a female leader can be competent. This shit runs SO deep. It's culturally ingrained at the root.

It's going to take time and effort pulling in the opposite direction to undo a lot of the damage.

You can't just compare a shirtless man and shirtless woman like they're in some kind of cultural vacuum. Even if our biological response to the two is the same (doubtful), there is other shit to consider.

E

Eldriken

There's about to be a -ton- and I mean a literal -ton- of banwaves coming through here if people don't stop this stupid clothing shit.

It finds its way into almost everything and it's getting beyond old. Enough is enough. No more warnings as everyone has had plenty of them (not directly, but in general statements like this one), just instant vacations.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
There's about to be a -ton- and I mean a literal -ton- of banwaves coming through here if people don't stop this stupid clothing shit.

It finds its way into almost everything and it's getting beyond old. Enough is enough. No more warnings as everyone has had plenty of them (not directly, but in general statements like this one), just instant vacations.
Sorry - just to be clear, are you guys shutting down the conversation in general, or just posters who take it all the way into insult territory? I don't have a problem either way but would rather be sure.

Edit: lol you read my mind with that second post.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
So to bring this back around to OP:

No.
No one is ever going to be satisfied. (Generation and upbringing depending)
Gamers are not taught to be satisfied these days. I grew up in a day and age where just getting a game was monumental and we played the dog crap out of those games, up until the point that we actually wore out the contacts on our SNES and N64 carts.

There was no DLC. There was no customer feedback fueling the direction of an entire game development company. You either bought the game because you liked it after renting it, or you didn't buy it because it was garbage.

Now?... In the digital entitled era of pre-order bonuses and season passes? If enough people make enough noise on social media or news outlets game devs will alter their game. Because the meter has moved now. Publishers want to see those pre-order munnies, that's like free guaranteed damage to them and they want enough to Fatal.

The newer generations of gamers don't have to be satisfied, because they have been conditioned to believe that if they make enough noise their desired changes will become truth.