What's new

LET’S FIGHT LIKE GENTLEMEN Mortal Kombat Singles & Doubles (and more!) - Azusa, CA - SAT 06/25/2011

Featured games:
Mortal Kombat (Singles and Doubles)
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter 4 AE
3rd Strike (PS2)
Tekken 6

When: Saturday afternoon, June 25th. We will start registration at 12:00PM, and aim to get the party started by 1:00 PM.

Where?
DIZeLAN FRAG Center
857 S Lark Ellen Ave
Azusa, CA 91702

Check the Google Map link here: Google Maps

MORTAL KOMBAT Singles
Entry fee: $7 ($5 prize pool + $2 venue)
64 players max
Double-elimination
Best 2 of 3 games
X360 platform

MORTAL KOMBAT Doubles
Entry fee: 10 ($8 prize pool + $2 venue)
32 teams max
Best 2 of 3 games
X360 platform

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 Singles
64 players max
Double-elimination
Best 2 of 3 games
X360 platform

SUPER STREET FIGHT 4 ARCADE EDITION Singles
64 players max
Double-elimination
Best 2 of 3 games
X360 platform

TEKKEN 6 Singles
Entry fee: $5 ($4 prize pool + $1 venue)
Double-elimination
Best 3 of 5 rounds
Best 2 of 3 games
X360 platform

STREET FIGHTER III: 3RD STRIKE (Singles)
Entry fee: $5 ($4 prize pool + $1 venue)
Double-elimination
Best 2 of 3 games
PS2 platform

Event Rules and Format:
- Multiple Xbox 360 setups will be available. Players will be responsible for bringing appropriate adapters and controllers and joysticks. Wired is preferred.

- Pausing during a round may result in that player losing that round. With the guidance of the referee, players may choose to resolve the issue.

- For the 1v1 Singles portion, Winner must stick with his character(s). Loser of a Game may switch character(s).

- Any type of threats or violence in the venue will not be tolerated.

- Once a person pays for the tournament and the tournament has started, there will be no refunds.

- Any type of inappropriate behavior or misconduct (such as cussing or taunting, acting in a violent manner towards patrons and/or volunteers) will not be tolerated.

Payout: 70%, 20%, and 10% distribution of prize pool to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. For turnouts under 8 entrants, an 80% and 20% distribution to 1st and 2nd.

For any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to drop us a line. Thanks for your time and attention.

Signed up so far for MK9 Singles:
1. BLAQMAGIK
2. DIZeLAN Toxic
3. Hellboy
4. [ADG] Wonder Chef
5. Krayzie Bone

Signed up so far for MK9 Doubles:
1. [ADG] Wonder Chef and Krayzie Bone

Signed up so far for MvC3 Singles:
1. BeeJayisCool
2. BLAQMAGIK

Signed up so far for SSF4 AE Singles:
1. BeeJayisCool
2. ActionMan
3. TommyD
4. [ADG] Wonder Chef

Signed up so far for 3S Singles:

Signed up so far for T6 Singles:

Wonder_Chef and Krayzie Bone added to the signups. Anybody else?

And if any of the readers would like to meet up for casuals, BeeJayisCool will be arranging another House of Pain session on Thursday, June 16th.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
No ban please.

1. I spent hours on her already, and I love her... lol
2. We need to see her in action at tournaments like this before Majors.
3. Shes awesome! lol

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I might show up and finally meet you KrayzieBone. I live in Walnut, so it hopefully isn't too far.

I STRONGLY VOTE YES FOR SKARLET. This is a small local tournament and we can get some feedback before the major ones come up.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Skarlet should go for ECT3...some people didn't even have the chance to fight against her so in a way its very unfair for ECT3...after that it should be fine...

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I would say please allow her, only because this is a relatively small tournament, and it would be nice to see how she is in a tournament setting.

Just ask everyone who's there before the tournament.

I'd like to go, but my car is acting dumb as hell.
Any other Mortal Kombatants coming from the OC available to hook up our friend easy_fresh with a ride?

For Saturday, at least two of the MK stations will be equipped with the Skarlet DLC. Let me know at signups tomorrow if you need to play your matches on these setups. This way I can leave a notation by your name on the brackets to make sure that all referees are on the ball.