What's new

Learning the Fredsters

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
So, I finnaly decided on a secondary character this week and I have chosen Freddy. I rarely ever see anyone us this guy, I know many had a resentment of his addition to MK9, many thought it was a dumb idea, but for me seeing how I grew up watching the Fred man taking out kids in the dream world, it was just a welcome addition IMO.

Anyway I don't get why so many don't use the guy, he has such great combo potential it isn't even funny, his teleport moves make hime one of the most mobile fools in the game and he has a great zoning game. My only complaint is his poking game I just haven't found the best way of using his pokes yet. Anyone got any crazyily odd ways to run this character.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Freddy is best used as a zoning character if you are trying to win.

The zoning is arguably the best in the game. On the other hand, the pokes and normal attacks are average in comparison to the other top tier characters.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Hate mail doesn't bother me one bit at all, thats why there is a delete option, actually hate mail is great for a good laugh, then I send some type of crazy message stating I am the child of the Lord excess Slaanesh and will come for their soul or some other weird BS to just make the idiot think I'm crazy and I move on.

No I'm learning the old Fred guy just for $h!ts and giggles, almost no one out there ever touches the guy, yet as you pointed out he has a great zoning game and his telport makes him so insanely mobile as well helps his unpredictability factor. I found that some poking zoning thus far works best for him(don't quote me on that), his combos can be quite strong, just seems to me he has fewer options in creating long string combos.

I like using him so far and once I finally get god enuff with hime I'm sure I'lee find another odd and obscure character to use like Sheeva or something. I'm weird I like to use the ones no one elese tends to use often.