What's new

Question Learning a lil scarlet

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
As a shang player I think I may need to! been seeing some of this char more often (and she is hard to beat) but for soul steal, it may be time for this one..

I've tried some scarlet on my own before, and she seems quite hard. I'm hoping this http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-skarlet-combos.8469/ is mostly current info.

So, stopping by to say howdy! Any tips or tricks that has helped anyone else learn her? She seems to have some of the hardest inputs in the game.

Deity

Noob
Her execution is pretty difficult. But what really makes her hard to play is knowing what to do in the metagame, which is character dependent. Anyways, glad to have ya aboard!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I prefer my skarlet to be a B*tch in mind games, block strings sequences and so on, i honestly admit that i don't train much combo variety besides the ones that do 40% to 35% all the time, but Ninj excels at this category.
Overall you can put 40% if you overlook her in deep, wich is good, and as J360 new line says " This character is so Fucked up" lol its up to you to kill your fingers to master her if you want to soul steal for sum damage.

Anyway, we're all just scrubbys who spams with Skarlet:p

ryublaze

Noob
There is a new combo thread posted by Ninj which has all the combos you need. What helped me learn her was this combo right here:

B2,DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,B2 – 2,DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,4 – 46% (48% w/ JIP)

From that I learned that B2 is her strongest combo starter, and 2,3,DF3,4 is her strongest combo ender. I learned the timing for Red Dash into Down Slash, and eventually it helped my overall execution with Skarlet. Ninj also helped me out in my early days. :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
There is a new combo thread posted by Ninj which has all the combos you need. What helped me learn her was this combo right here:

B2,DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,B2 – 2,DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,4 – 46% (48% w/ JIP)

From that I learned that B2 is her strongest combo starter, and 2,3,DF3,4 is her strongest combo ender. I learned the timing for Red Dash into Down Slash, and eventually it helped my overall execution with Skarlet. Ninj also helped me out in my early days. :)
Very true. Leaning this combo will in turn help all your combos.

Also know your dagger cancel combos because off an AA they are easier and guarantee you land that reset

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
hey thanks all for the replies!! hoping to attend Northwest Majors 4 in seattle.. I don't know what cast to expect and my only real solid mu exp is versus smoke... >.< good to have, but not all inclusive!

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Man Skarlet is so annoying. She is the last character I want to fight in a tournament!

L0rdoftheFLY
If I ever see you and Mosp do a Skarlet mirror I'll probably get salty just by looking at it ;_;

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
What makes Mosp so sick are those air daggers that lead in to combos. Good heavens, such a damn good Skarlet player. Great pressure, great reads.

McNasty

Moist.
talks of meeting up the friday after next if your interested IDYLE PM me if your interested just waiting on collin to finalize the plans with his work schedule.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That was also a full week ago and I have gotten way better since. Honestly I have
Cool, if i had a good net connection i would do some mirrors with you and Ninj, maybe we could learn each other about something else ^^

I like the way Red foxx play he is very good too.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Damn mosp, I've heard your name a lot lately and have ro say those matches were fun to watch. Much respect.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2