What's new

Leading the pack- The Night Wolf Mentor Thread

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
(My post from TYM)

Seeing as how more and more newer players are joining this site, and those newer players are starting to pick up certain characters. I decided to run this as I'm already teaching a few players how to play Nightwolf. Everyone and anyone is welcome to become a mentor/student, don't be shy. :mad: ::)

Term key:
: O =Still being taught
: X = Currently not being taught
: ? =No idea
: S=Stand by, either no mentor to teach, or other students are currently in the way
:Number=Lessons so far

This is how the format will go:
You(Or myself) will invite me(you) to a 1 on 1 private party and match. We'll play 2 sets or 3, and I'll go from there. If the lag prevents us from having those sets, I will begin the lesson from scratch. Things I will go over but not limited too are:
Footsies
F+3 okizeme
Combos
match-ups
Getting in and out (That's what she said )
(Feel free to ask questions throughout the training program)

After every 1-3 day, we will go over a new topic(s). After the last day, I will start bringing in other players who play other characters and you will start testing out on people who does not know how you play. I will be watching through this, pointing out how you do and any patterns or mistakes if I notice any. If I do not notice any straight forward patterns/habits and I feel as though you are ready to head out without my guidance, then I will let you go. Then congratulations, you have graduated from the Nightwolf Academy!!!! ::|

Mentor gamertag:
Twh Dai

Mentor psn:

Xbl Student:
Zercker: S 2
instanoodlz: O 1
Sutter pain: X 1
Moneycat88: O 1
curled mustache: O 0
Bus Orez: O 0
Ix Kupa xI: O 0
RayDe1: O 0
MarcoPolo939: O 0
Unseen Walker:O 1

Psn Student:
REYTHEGREAT: S 0
SenseOfTense: S 0
Medina4life: S 0
fuzzymic14: S 0

What the post below means:
After seeing how Nori and Dave played Nw, I realized not everyone played him the way I anticipated. Mostly Defensive Nws like to keep mid screen spacing at all times, only rushing down when they push their opponent to the corner. Mostly offensive Nws like to keep 1 character away, setting up various frame traps and keeping pressure as much as possible from said distance, but not afraid of far or mid range, just preferring to be in your face as much as possible.

Mostly offensive Nw:
DaiHuu
Sochettra Math

Mostly Defensive nw:
Nori
m2dave
Gemini Knight

No idea nw:
Reo

I will be checking this thread every day, and probably only this thread, I have a lot to handle as you can see.

Comments from other players:

DanCOCK:
"very good thread. this is definitely the Nwolf you want to copy and learn from ;)"

Sutterpain:
"He showed me a bunch with NW early on and he is my secondary, he showed me all sorts of good stuff if you are serious about NW you should take him up on it. The BnB he will show you is hard but doable after lots of practice but its beastly and worth it.

Nori:
"I strongly recommend taking up this offer if you are a new NW player, or even if you don't like the term "mentor/student", if somebody has already gone through the trouble of breaking this guy down nearly 100% since launch day and is willing to share, ask questions. Don't think for a minute top players don't ask other top players for advice. They just don't post, but trust me they do"

Anon:
"You may have to share this technology with me sometime. I enjoyed your NW thoroughly destroying my Lao a few weeks ago."